Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OK now I GOTTA get an Electric knive

Post Thanks / Like

Default OK now I GOTTA get an Electric knive

After the "Keep or not keep yesterday" I'm so fish hungry I'll probably keep some today. Looking at a Mister Twister saltwater knife at Amazon (I have some gift cert. left from Christmas). It has an 8 in. tapered blade that would seem to be handy. Who knows what "Saltwater" means they say it has a little more power. Any reason NOT to get one of these. I have clear weather all week till sat. here in OR. with rain for a week starting sun.. Should be a heck of a bite this weekend.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Von Drasek
    After the "Keep or not keep yesterday" I'm so fish hungry I'll probably keep some today. Looking at a Mister Twister saltwater knife at Amazon (I have some gift cert. left from Christmas). It has an 8 in. tapered blade that would seem to be handy. Who knows what "Saltwater" means they say it has a little more power. Any reason NOT to get one of these. I have clear weather all week till sat. here in OR. with rain for a week starting sun.. Should be a heck of a bite this weekend.
    My Mr Twister has been working great for many years. It doesn't say anything about saltwater on it. I could see where they might have a little more power. You never know when you might want to fillet a whale. LOL
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Von Drasek
    That is a great knife, I would see no reason at all why not to get that knife.....and a little extra power couldn't hurt either.

In all seriousness, I responded to you earlier about cleaning fish.....if you want any tips, suggestions, photos, on how to clean, prepare or even deep-fry...I will be MORE than happy to offer anything I can....

Let me also say....if you can find it...in my opinion...my all-time favorite seafood breader is called, "House Autry Seafood Breader"......they have a hot/spicy and an original.....for most occassions I mix half and half....if it is just me and a couple friends.....hot/spicy all the way!!!

Man...I am hungry now too!!!
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Go for it! The saltwater thing may just mean better parts to help keep the corrosion to a minimum or it may be a little stronger for the bigger fish.

The main thing to be careful of is cutting through the back bone.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GABoy
    That is a great knife, I would see no reason at all why not to get that knife.....and a little extra power couldn't hurt either.

In all seriousness, I responded to you earlier about cleaning fish.....if you want any tips, suggestions, photos, on how to clean, prepare or even deep-fry...I will be MORE than happy to offer anything I can....

Let me also say....if you can find it...in my opinion...my all-time favorite seafood breader is called, "House Autry Seafood Breader"......they have a hot/spicy and an original.....for most occassions I mix half and half....if it is just me and a couple friends.....hot/spicy all the way!!!

Man...I am hungry now too!!!
    I use that same breader and add a little Old Bay seafood seasoning. Then when my wife isn't looking I add a little more.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I have the American Angler electric knife and from what I've read I must be the only one that doesn't like it. The electric part is great but the blades are hard to put in and out and the trigger doesn't work smooth. I use the old Normark manual model for fish under 12" but electric is the way to go for bigger ones.

If ya run out of House Autry try:

1/2 cup flour (Wondra or Shake and Bake makes it special)
    1/2 cup cornmeal
    1/2tsp salt
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 tsp paprika
    1 tsp Old Bay -or-Tony's Cajun Seasoning

optional: hot pepper flakes or soak the fillets in Frank's Red Hot or Tobasco before breading.

Mix the above with 1 cup plus 1 tbl of beer for a real nice beer batter. Let batter stand 30 min after mixing. Dredge fillets in flour before dipping in batter.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kunes
    I have the American Angler electric knife and from what I've read I must be the only one that doesn't like it. The electric part is great but the blades are hard to put in and out and the trigger doesn't work smooth. I use the old Normark manual model for fish under 12" but electric is the way to go for bigger ones.

If ya run out of House Autry try:

1/2 cup flour (Wondra or Shake and Bake makes it special)
    1/2 cup cornmeal
    1/2tsp salt
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 tsp paprika
    1 tsp Old Bay -or-Tony's Cajun Seasoning

optional: hot pepper flakes or soak the fillets in Frank's Red Hot or Tobasco before breading.

Mix the above with 1 cup plus 1 tbl of beer for a real nice beer batter. Let batter stand 30 min after mixing. Dredge fillets in flour before dipping in batter.

I like the sounds of that a lot too now!!!
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah...Gaboy....you can make all kinds of breaders. I put a different seasoning in almost every time. Same base....flour, cornmeal, or corn starch, salt, etc.....but I'm a seasoning freak anyhow, so I'm always trying something new. I've got a pantry full of seasonings.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone tried the breaders BPS carries?

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Andys breading mix is my favorite, the regular or cajuin it doesnt matter both are good.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast