Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Wedowee

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Wedowee

Does anyone on this web fish Lake Wedowee? I know they have their own website, but was wondering if anyone on crappie.com fished there. If so, what's the latest on the crappie. Most on the wedowee web fish for bass, very little crappie information. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Lake Wedowee Crappie

I fished Wedowee for the first time two weeks ago. I was very impressed. We caught about 60 fish in 3.5 hours. All fish were caught on the north end of the lake. About 10 fish were in the 1-1.5 lb range. We caught them shooting docks. We went there because a buddy of mine fishes Crappie USA tournaments and he went there the week before and caught about 100 fish trolling. However, they do have a minimum length limit of 9", which many of the fish did not meet.

ashvillerob Guest

Default Wedowee

I lived on Wedowee until 2 years ago when we moved to Birmingham. I have caught lots of crappie trolling in the Fox Creek area with a chart/black tub jig if the water is dingy or a yellow or white hair jig if the water is clearer. Don't worry about the 9in size limit, you will catch more overs than unders. The night fishing under bridges in late spring and early sumer is usually fantastic(if you can find a spot, it gets crowded).

If you arent stuck on just crappie fishing, Wedowee is probally one of the best white bass lakes I have ever fished. Fish for them anywhere you would normally crappie fish and also on humps in 7-15 ft of water through the begining of June on the lower end of he lake from Fox creek to the dam. Use a medium diving perl or white crankbait. I have caught more 3-4 lb white bass on Wedowee than I can remember. When you hit a good school you can catch um till your arm hurts.