Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WM BPS Rods Regular Price again Blah

Post Thanks / Like

Default WM BPS Rods Regular Price again Blah

I hope anyone that wanted some loaded up because they are back to $10 more then they were while on sale. I just got 5 in the mail luckily but now may have to look at other brands for my next rods with the price going up so high. If they do not remove the $6 extra charge for the 12' Universals I will not be buying anymore of them. I could just about get a sam heaton for that price. WM's are good but cosidering the weight they should have stayed at $29.99 and I would be planning to buy more as we speak.

Wally if you are out there, talk BPS into putting just the Universals back on sale, or get a discount code for this great forum

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Is anyone else having problems getting there wally marshal rods back apart? I can't get my 9'er apart. Don't want to break it. Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Hay Crapbie, ya ever hear of lake East of ya called Lake Norris, eye was over there re4cently, my bro n law lives on the lake, we caught some catfissh and watched the alogatters swim around.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not me

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc
    Is anyone else having problems getting there wally marshal rods back apart? I can't get my 9'er apart. Don't want to break it. Any suggestions?

I own a 9' Wally Marshall Pro Series and have never had any problem getting it to break down. Try spraying some WD40 where the the two pieces connect. Turn the second half of the rod counter clockwise and then clockwise while pulling away from the reel end. May not be much help but, I have never had a rod that I could not get apart. Good luck to you
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

i have had to grip stuck rods behind my back, placing the joint under your rear and as you pull sit down at the same time. the motion of sitting down applies more pressure to the joint and will usually unstick them.

Post Thanks / Like

I know i went to my local BPS the other day and the WM are more that the Sam heatons now.

I can get a Sam Heaton for about $39 and the WM new IM8's are $49

The universal's are $39 but they have a special going for the Universal or trolling that includes a WM reel and rod for $39. Its not on the display but its available if you ask for them.

Post Thanks / Like

I would think so Jigsbydirk, sounds risky but someone has to do it lol

I agree with the try to twist before anything. If its really stuck its probaly got negative pressure, Maybe you could try pushing in before pulling out, like those chinese finger traps you know. You could also try sticking a think pin between the 2 piece to make a tiny airhole for the air to get out. You may be able to just leave it alone depending on if you can fit in securly on your boat with out halving it. If so then just use it the way it is and I bet one day it will probaly just come off on its own. Thats the way my life seems to go anyway, the more I mess with something the worse it gets lol

Post Thanks / Like

My nearest BPS is the Orlando Florida one and they never have anything good on sale it seems because its a major tourist trap. Its on Internation Drive which it probaly the main tourist road in all of Orlando with Universal studios and wet & wild with in a couple miles. I went there twice and now I just buy online, I can not afford it. The only good thing is since only tourists go there they deal with very little returns because most people buy to use when they get home so don't get the chance to take it back. Sneaky huh lol

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

I ordered 4 WM's while they were on sale. 2-14's and 2-16's. I discussed the $6 charge on the shipping with the clerk. He said, "sorry, it automatically shows up I can't change it". I read there rod shipping policy printed in the catalog to him. "One piece rods over 6' will be assesed a $6 shipping charge per rod". The WM are three piece and broken down, are less than 6'. I asked to have someone else check on it. He said okay, but that would put my order on hold. I said fine. They shipped it the next morning without any extra shipping charges. Always good to question and check. Sometimes it works out.

If you ordered more than one, you might want to drop them an email and request that you be refunded the extra shipping. It goes against there shipping rule.

Dayton

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast