Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Kunes & Rango

slab_seeker Guest

Default Kunes & Rango

How did ya'll let the Trash Master Classic sneak in on your home lake? Fishing is going to be tough/irratating for the day fisherman.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about Rango, but they never asked me about it. I've left my number for Ray Scott many times so I know he has it. I'm thinkin about gettin a cooler full of cold beverages and sittin on my deck and watchin the poor devils sling lures for 6 or 8 hrs in the hot sun. I will say this tho. I saw some of the pros fishin during practice week a coupla weeks ago amd they are definitly a cut above the weekend fisherman. Someday I'll post the whole story....promise!!,,,
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

their fishing schedule is 6:30 - 1:30.
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

Post Thanks / Like

That's a long day of cast and retrieve. I could never get warm with a method that occupies my beer holdin hand that much. But think about the fish they catch. They ride around in the livewell for up to 7 hrs then they take em on a 13 mile ride in the hot Carolina sun to the Charlotte Colliseum for the weigh in and then they are supposedly released. Now, I bet they don't cart those fish 13 miles back to the BB Bridge. I bet they let em go close by like Paw Creek or somewhere. If 50 bassers average 3 fish that's alot to let go in one spot. If a guy knew where they release em he might have some good fishin if he was inclined to pursue bass.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

one of the worst things i can do is team up with a dedicated bass fisherman in his boat and go crappie fishing. they will want to use the run and gun approach they use for bass fishing. thats not my style. i like to work a spot before i move on, instead of making a half dozen casts and decide to try another place. that may also be why im not very good at daylight fishing, i dont know. I do know if i take a dedicated bass fisherman in my boat and we set up for the night after about a half hour, they get the squirmies as if somebodys dumped a spoon full of fire ants in they shorts and they seem uncomfortable the rest of the night, as if they got a itch to move. too bad, cause when my anchors is set, they stuck for the night lol.. aint no running and gunning in the beast, especially at night. Ive taken several and they seldom ask to go back, which suits me.. ive also taken bass fishermen that enjoyed the night and seemed comfortable with how we was fishing. thems the kind i like to see have a good night and maybe they will be come converts and start crappie fishing instead.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

There are "bass" fishermen on saltwater too. They mostly fish in King Mackeral Tournaments. The ones I know personally get real antsy when they are on my boat and we are fishing for flounder or redfish. They seem to be a little more appreciative of speckled trout though.

And when they are on my boat they ask a lot of silly questions like.
    1. Where are your out riggers.
    2. You only have one engine on the back of your boat...why is that.
    3. How fast will this thing go (referring to the boat).
    4. Why do you use such small rods/reels.
    5. Where is your gaff.
    6. etc., etc., etc.

Seriously, is Wylie gonna be open to all the weekend traffic or are they gonna limit people on the lake. I would bet that most of the ramps will be eaten up with the tourney guys??? Gonna be a zoo down there.

Post Thanks / Like

i think the blast off is gonna be at buster boyd. thats probably where the crowds gonna be., maybe i shouldnt say this, but when busterboyd is standing room only , allison creek is still right tolerable. thats why i like to put in there so much. id love to have all them bass weve caught on the beast the past few weeks and wiggle em infron of the bass pros and offer em to the highest bidder. them tournament guys probably got a good bit of chunk change to spread aound. just gotta figger out how to relieve em of it..
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...