Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 797 si

Post Thanks / Like

Default 797 si

Took my new 797 out yesterday it was very hard to define anything. It showed alot but it was hard to tell what it was zooming it just blurred it. should i shorten the scan I was impressed with the gps I marked 3 different fallen trees and drove right back to them. It looked like it showed my cinder blocks better then the hedge trees that were hooked to them.
    ITS LIKE BASEBALL PITCHIN,HITTIN,CATCHIN

Post Thanks / Like

Shorten up your scan distance . 150 ft works better than 300 ft. If it dont clear up call Hummingbird. They have qualified tecs. that will help you out.

Post Thanks / Like

I was scanning at 90'

Post Thanks / Like

How fast was you moving? I have to be moving at least 1mph to get a good picture.

Get The Net

Post Thanks / Like

I was moving any where from 2-6 mph I had the sensitivity turned up pretty good. I could see plenty of stuff just couldnt tell what it was i seen 1 tree that appeared upright with a couple of limbs and could see the shadow. But my brush didnt show very good and most of it has a trunk about 10" in dia and limbs @ 3-6". I put a new one next to an old one im going to look at it next weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

PLEASE keep up posted as I am about to buy one of those things and would love to know if I am wasting $$$$$$$$$$

Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I have a new 797 and I like it but if someone is buying it for the side-imaging, I could see how he could be disappointed. I have only used mine on my local lake where I already know the structure, but I am not overly impressed with the side imaging. If I had it to do over again, I might go with a 3-D unit which would be cheaper and maybe, more useful.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, bummer.
    Would you say that the SI is not as good as the more expensive 979 or is SI just not what it is cracked up to be? I have heard so many good things about the more expensive ones on here. I guess we get what we pay for.:o

I hate that cause that seemed like the unit to go with if the SI was equal!