Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Gonna try Smithville Tue or Wed...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gonna try Smithville Tue or Wed...

Supposed to be warm Wednesday. Wind will be blowing that cold water. My first trip this year. Where to try? Upriver, where it's likely to be warmer but muddier? Timbered creek channels near the mouth of coves on the main lake? Is the morning bite still better in this colder-than-normal spring? (So tempting to wait until afternoon/early evening when it's warmer) So many questions. Where or where will they be?

Post Thanks / Like

I would fish the warmest water.

Post Thanks / Like

Wherever you fish, use BIGGER baits. They are much easier for the fish to find.

Good luck.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Default smithville

Going in the morn try for walleye around the damn area and crappie around camp branch and i'm just going by the mo state fishing reports, good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Went out for a few hours on Saturday. VERY tough! Caught about 25 with only 5 being keepers. You almost had to hit them in the head to get them to bite. Used black and chartruse 1/8 ounce head w/ 2" and 2 1/2" tube with nibblet. They wanted it SLOW! If you let it sit still, no bite. If you reeled up very fast at all, no bite. If you popped the jig up and down, no bite. You had to bob it up and down a few times before they would hit. Water clarity was poor as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Upriver is still very muddy,just got home and the wind is howling,only 49f at noon.Frost warning tonite for all you that put plants in this weekend I'd wait till wed. afternoon if I was seeking crappie.Thats just me.I'm mowing today,then maybe mushroom hunting.I know its cold,but the ones already up will still be up.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the info. Think I may wait until Wed pm... May as well be warm if the fish are gonna be picky. 15 mph winds forcast... usually gust higher on the lake. Will try to find sheltered cove with warm water.