Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: battery setup

Post Thanks / Like

Default battery setup

How many batteries and what kind do you guys use? My trolling motor batter only last a few hours so i need to do something different. I was wondering what u guys have so maybe i can figure out what i should do. I have a switch where i can switch to another battery but i havent bought one yet. I plan to run two batteries for the trolling motor but my first one should last more than a few hours.

Post Thanks / Like

What kind of battery do you have now, how old is it, and how often do you charge it? Answer those, and we can give you an idea of how your current setup can be improved. Is your current motor 12V or 24V?

Post Thanks / Like

Also what pound thrust is your motor, brand etc.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

you had better check your batteries i have an old 12 /24 volt trolling motor and i never anchor and i have fished 2 10 hour days without charging them up i don't make a habit of not charging them up but i got busy and forgot to charge them after the rain quit

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it matters if you run two batteries in parallel for 12V or in series for 24V, you just shouldn't be able to kill them. I'm talking about big batteries, like the big yellow or black ones from WalMart that I use. Since hooking them together, I haven't even come close to wearing them down. I have three of them in my boat, one for starting and two for running my 12V motor now, my 24V motor when I get around to buying it. The batteries are not over 3 years old either. No worries anymore.

Joe

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

same here...I have two of the big yellow Duralast wal mart batteries wired together....and use them to troll a pontoon boat...I trolled I know two miles on day...and have never came close to running them down...even dragging an anchor