Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Line counter?

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Line counter?

How would one of those little line counters work for keeping track of how much line is left on a spool?
    http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...=SearchResults
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

If you are talking about the BPS one, it will not correctly read 6 lb test Wally Marshall line. I bought one and the wheel is not machined well enough for the 6 lb test to turn the counter.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whizkids
    If you are talking about the BPS one, it will not correctly read 6 lb test Wally Marshall line. I bought one and the wheel is not machined well enough for the 6 lb test to turn the counter.
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll try the Shakespear model and see if thats any better.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen several tournament guys use these for tight lining. It appears to work great. You need to stay away from your competition though. It is pretty easy to make out the depth someone is fishing from a ways off with those.

There is a reel called a Magda Pro on Ebay all of the time that has that type of line counter display built right on to the reel itself. They usually sell them 2 at a time, and they seem to be fairly priced. I asked aguy about them that sells them down in AL. He said he can't keep 'em in stock.

Oh well, my 2 cents anyway!

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll try the Shakespear model and see if thats any better.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------Let me know if it works.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim The Lippa Rippa Mon
    I have seen several tournament guys use these for tight lining. It appears to work great. You need to stay away from your competition though. It is pretty easy to make out the depth someone is fishing from a ways off with those.

There is a reel called a Magda Pro on Ebay all of the time that has that type of line counter display built right on to the reel itself. They usually sell them 2 at a time, and they seem to be fairly priced. I asked aguy about them that sells them down in AL. He said he can't keep 'em in stock.

Oh well, my 2 cents anyway!

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Congratulations on your win and big fish. That was a super tournament for you guys. I looked at the reels on ebay and other places but didn't see anything about how much they weigh. A 16 ft. WM is heavy enough, I just wonder how one of those would balance on it.