Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: OT Notice: Do not call registry!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default OT Notice: Do not call registry!!!

JUST A QUICK REMINDER......

I got this from another board (BOC) I post at and thought I would pass it on to you guys!

And yes I registered mine!

You will be charged for these calls.

To add your phone to the national do not call list, you can either register up to 3 phone numbers at a time at www.donotcall.gov or call 1-888-382-1222 from each phone you want to register. Either way blocks your number(s) for 5 years and it only takes a few minutes to accomplish.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a good place to try to verify that sort of stuff. If it's a story that is forwarded through emails or posted on a web board, you can usually find something more about it here.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors...ldirectory.htm

Post Thanks / Like

thnx ship

Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu

I got this from another board (BOC) I post at and thought I would pass it on to you guys!

To add your phone to the national do not call list, you can either register up to 3 phone numbers at a time at www.donotcall.gov or call 1-888-382-1222 from each phone you want to register. Either way blocks your number(s) for 5 years and it only takes a few minutes to accomplish.

Post Thanks / Like

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...C-258164A1.pdf

FCC dosent not allow this....emails are BS dont believe it...Probably once your register with this so call donotcall...you'll probably get all kinds of crap from them, in the mail,online etc...
    Last edited by Cajun_Sac-a-lait_Killa; 04-19-2005 at 04:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Unless the same thing that happened last time happens in which case the list is labled illegal and the companys then have your number and are allowed to use it. Surely the only way to make sure no one calls the numbers is to send the list to companies to remove the numbers from there lists but then an employee could get ahold of the list and sell it to a less reputable telemarketing company or one that makes its calls from outside america and does not care about the law. With all the jobs being outsources many are telemarketing jobs being sent to India where loads of people are teaching and learning English just to get outsourced telemarketing jobs. Did you know AOL now has most of there phone people in India aswell as many others and also cartoons are starting to be outsources there too, the Simpsons cartoon is completely made in India and then sent over here for voices.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Leave me off the list.

While it's true that the major wireless phone providers (except Verizon) have announced their intention to establish a 411 directory of customers' cell phone numbers beginning in 2006, it is not true that they plan to "publish" said directory for any and all to read. Participating companies say the numbers will be made available only via telephone to users who dial directory assistance and pay a fee, and only with customer consent.

'No telemarketing,' insist wireless providers The companies swear the numbers will never be accessible to telemarketers. In fact, per FCC regulations, telemarketers are already prohibited from calling cell phone numbers using automated dialers, which are standard in the industry.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/librar..._directory.htm

I have my home phone listed on the national do not call. Now soliciters call saying they are taking a survey or asking if I want to participate in a poll.
    The answer is to eliminate all telephone books and published list of phone numbers unless the subscriber pays to have their number listed,it's called advertising.
    Currently the phone companies advertise your number ( for land lines) when they publish a phone book or publish a list of phone subscribers.
    If the cell phone companies generate a list someone will hack it, just like other secure sites have been hacked.
    If the cell phone regulations work as advertised one can replace the land line with a cell phone and never be solicited again. Everyone that believes that send me $5.00 and a self addressed, stamped envelope and I will send you $10.00 back. I already receive Direct TV solicition on my cell phone and any company or government that say's it can be stopped by regulations needs to spend more time crappie fishing so they can have a real world experience.
    Last edited by whizkids; 04-19-2005 at 05:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, So I think we agree, everyone should sign up lol Just send you name number and $5 handling to AT&T C/O I may want to switch my Long distance to your carrier, please call daily to confirm! Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so there is no deadline, but you can list your phone and it is the right place to do so right??

I know that when I listed my home phone my calls from tele guys fell way down.

So do as you please, I listed mine,

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu

howdy ya'll; when they came out with the original do not call list i went ahead and put home/cell/ and fax numbers on it. don't get so many calls, sniff, sniff guess nobody loves me any more. oh well, since i've been back in school i've been on line researchin' tons of stuff so no one can call me anyway i'm on dial-up! another advanage to the slower way of life. people rush around to much these days anyhow. c-ya tarfu