Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: posting pictures

Post Thanks / Like

Default posting pictures

anyone know how to post a pic??

everytime i try, it says that the file size is too large. i tryied to make it smaller

!@%!@^#! computers, i hate em.
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

Post Thanks / Like

pete, i dont know how you getting your prints on to the harddrive. i scan mine from film and when i save the image after the scan, i save it to a file on the desktop, and when i want to attach it to a message on here, i navigate to it, attach it and it goes. i dont have a digital camera, so i dont know what youd have to do to get the file size to an acceptable size to post. maybe some of the guys that are into digital will help you.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Pete, I don't know how Rango gets those pics on the board. I'm having the same prob. I put a pic up on the brag board easy enough and I go thru the same steps as Rango but can't get a pic on the msg board. I am in consultation with Ed and will let ya know.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

kunes i still have that photo you sent me of the beast that night when i had the girls with me. i checked the size of the photo (right click on the photo and click on properties) and it is a 1.63 mb size photo. i checked some of the fishing photos i scanned and they run from 24 to 37 kb.. which is a huge difference in photo size. and im not talking about corner to corner size, but the number of bytes that was used to makeup the photo. digital cameras use a lot of bytes, so the photos can be enlarged without loosing any detail. if you enlarge one of the photos i posted, youll see the larger it gets the more detail you loose and wouldnt be suitable for enlarging to say an 8x10, but is fine for the size shown on the puter. sometimes ill print a photo off for a customer, but its from the scanner and not the puter, and images scanned are 1.6 mb size, not the small kb size ill save it to the computer. if i was gonna save it kknowing i might be coming back later and making a print to sell, then ill slide the save bar all the way to the right and ill be able to print out enlargements, but the image size will not be a small kb size but the 1.6 mb size. when i scan a photo, the average size of the photo, after scanning is 1.6 megabytes, which is the same size of your photo taken straight from your camera to the puter and then sent to me. when i scan a 4x6 photo its size is 1.6. after the scan i have to save the image from the scanner to the puter. when i scan it and before i save it, theres a slide bar on scanner program that gives me the size option of saving it. the left side is the low side with the right being the high side. i usually set the slide about a quarter of the way across from the low side to the high side, and the images are saved in the kb sizes i told you about above. what you are gonna have to do is figger how your puter saves the image from the camera. im sure when your puter takes it its gonna ask you how you want to save it from the camera to the puter. save the image as a jpeg file. every puter is different and has different programs to make this change from the camera to the harddrive. thats my understanding of how it works, and im not a puter expert. im hopin someone out there that has more knowledge of this works will chime in and give you some better instructions on this matter. also, my photos arent coming from a brag board, but straight from the hard drive on my computer. its all in how you are saving it from your camera to your puter. i dont have a digital camera so i havent played with it to figger how to do it. for me to learn anything on a computer its try and try again over and over for about ten thousand tries, before i get it figgered and moving digitals to a hard drive is something i havent done. good luck
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I think I got it now. I also scan the photos 'cause I don't have a didital camera. That slide bar on the scanner control is called a resoulution bar on my program and I always set it hi. I'll try again.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com