Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Barren

curhunter Guest

Default Barren

Does anyone on here fish barren? I live there and fish it alot...

Post Thanks / Like

Default I do

I fish it about 10 - 15 times year. Spring - Fall

curhunter Guest

just wondered if anyone on this board was a regular. give me a hollar i can usually put you on some fish. i have been turkey hunting alot in the past few days and haven't been out though.

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Did yu do any good turkey hunting? My buddy got one last Sunday on my place. 24 lbs, 10" beard? I can't seam to get one to get close to me. I'll let you know the next time I'm down. I try to stay at Bailys Point ( I thinks that right) Good lucky with the turkeys. :p

Ed

Post Thanks / Like

I use to fish the spillway when I was at Western back in the late 70's and early 80's.
    Use to get $1 worth of carp minnows at that store just before the levee.
    Caught plenty of whites and a few cats.
    Also a hybrid now and then. Along with some trout.

I remembering using rooster tails on the wall trying to raise those big whites and hybrids up. I can still see them following the rooster tail up as I pull it up. They would just get right to it but would not bite.
    Can one still go around the spillway and get across at the end just past the mouth of the spillway and fish?

I wore a reel out there in March catching whites. I bet I caught over 500 in three weeks. Unreal how one could catch some on one side of the river and other's couldn't. And you know that river there is not very wide at all at that point. Maybe 60' at the most.

Oh to be back there again would be great. I had a fun time then.

CC
    Stay legal.

Post Thanks / Like

the spillway is just as it has always been....except you need to speak spanish or asian language if you want to talk to anyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Hybrid have been hitting good on the main lake....don't know what the cold spell will do to them. Bass seem to be going on bed and I've still not figured out the crappie!