Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: How do you mount a Hot Foot in a boat?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How do you mount a Hot Foot in a boat?

Has anyone ever had any experience in mounting a hot foot in a boat. I know how to do most of it. But my question is how in the world do you get the throttle arm off the side of the boat? It is a Merc. control arm and I see NO screws & or set screws to remove the arm to get the cover plate off of the side of the boat.

There is no way to get in behind it I can just barely get my arm in there.

Any help or advice would be welcomed.

Thanks, Lee

Post Thanks / Like

my boat came with the hot foot on it and the throttle arm is left on so you can put the boat in gear, and also has the key switch to start the boat
    EAT, SLEEP, FISH AND LOVE THY WIFE

Post Thanks / Like

Your throttle box IS bolted to the side of the boat. There are 2 bolts, usually with philips heads. You will have to unscrew them to get the whole mechanism off the side of the boat, not just the arm.

Once you take that off, your throttle and shift cable go inside that box and clip into place. To expose the clips, you will have to take screws off the back side of the box. Your shift cable can remain the same but you will now need a longer throttle cable. There is no making it work, you must replace it with a longer one.

Keep looking, the 2 bolts you need to undo are there.