Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Installing a Hot Foot in a boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Installing a Hot Foot in a boat

HAs anyone ever had any experience in mounting a hot foot in a boat. I know how to do most of it. But my question is how in the world do you get the throttle arm off the side of the boat? It is a Merc. control arm and I see NO screws & or set screws to remove the arm to get the cover plate off of the side of the boat.

There is no way to get in behind it I can just barely get my arm in there.

Any help or advice would be welcome.

Lee

Post Thanks / Like

Lee i have installed two of them and they both required a longer throttle cable to reach the floor.So i just run the new cable to the engine and disconnect the original at the engine and tied it up outta the way under the cowl.And hook up the new one in its place.I have always left the existing cable attached to the control box so if we ever sell the boat or what not we can just reattach at engine and remove hotfoot.

Hope this helps ya.:D
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Post Thanks / Like

Hog, that sounds like a good idea. I think I just found what I needed on a google search. I have a Quicksilver 3000 Classic control. There are no screws located outside the box to get into the control arm. The search said to push in the round button that disengages the foward & reverse. They say move the handle into gear and the button comes out, and that is the screw you need to get the handle off. Thanks Lee