Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Nitefishin tournament on Wylie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nitefishin tournament on Wylie

I thought it would be good to start a new thread for this topic. First thing we need to do I think is set a date so at least we will know who won't make it. I propose Nov since we change the clocks at the end of Oct and we'll be able to start earlier. Thanksgiving weekend is a possible since it would give guys that are traveling alittle extra time to recuperate before going back to work(OUCH). On the other hand, that's a time when theres lots of relatives visiting etc so it might be tough getting away. Maybe Nov 6th is better. Comments? To me its not about money. We can try to line up prize donations and maybe have a small entry fee to be divided up between the Big Fish winner and the 10 best weight winner. The Bassmaster Classic tournament is on Lake Wylie this weekend and that is ALL about money. I wouldn't want to be part of anything that would resemble that. Anyway the discussion is now open so lets bang around some ideas and get a feel for who will take part.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

what about a 15 dollar entry fee, with ten of it going to the biggest stringer of say,, 5 fish, and the other five going to the biggest crappie? reason im saying five fish, is thats enought to get good weight going, and not having to cull out any larger numbers of your catch.. the 5 biggest would be easy to keep up with..
    what about a set of reliable scales? anybody got acess to any?
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Holiday weekends are a pain for me , with family traveling about and all.But I would make it work if that turns out to be the best bet for everyone involved.I agree , the money isnt important , besides these guys on here will probably be handing us our pants with braggin rights on the line.I've seen Pete fish without money involved and if anyones in a betting mood my money's on him and Rango.Looking forward to it.Eric.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

i got a very reliable scale we could use with no prob.
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rango
    what about a 15 dollar entry fee, with ten of it going to the biggest stringer of say,, 5 fish, and the other five going to the biggest crappie? reason im saying five fish, is thats enought to get good weight going, and not having to cull out any larger numbers of your catch.. the 5 biggest would be easy to keep up with..
    what about a set of reliable scales? anybody got acess to any?
    Yeah, seein's how there's probably gonna be alot of "lifters" involved I think 5 fish is plenty to keep track of.... Also, since there will be several fishers per boat it will give everybody a good chance of havin 5 and keep the results close. I'm thinkin every man for himself instead of team entries. $15 bucks split like you said sounds good to me but I wouldn't want any more. Maybe we can get some prizes donated for biggest any kinda fish or somethin. You know some cats are gonna be caught.
    One taste of the bait

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pete
    i got a very reliable scale we could use with no prob.
    Great! first hurdle cleared. Did you ever get in touch with Duke Power last year as far as gettin permission? You can e-mail me the contact info if ya have it and I'll do it when we have a date.
    One taste of the bait

Post Thanks / Like

as a matter of fact, permission is only a phone call away
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

Post Thanks / Like

ill have to search for the card that i received, but im pretty sure i have it laying around here somewhere.