Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: why all the tight lips ,the crappie are biting

Post Thanks / Like

Default why all the tight lips ,the crappie are biting

Been catching good #s at Rocky Fork All females about 4ft deep water temp in the low to mid 60s ..Anyone else finding similar conditions I caught about 0 keepers by myself yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like

I was at Clendening yesterday and had 66 degrees and only had 2 keepers. I don't know what was going on. I thought I would have slayed em but had to fight hard to get those. Didn't really have many small ones either.
    Tim
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member

Post Thanks / Like

Fish are moving shallow and putting the feed bag on especially in the evenings. I haven't had a chance to get out yet. I'm going to hit Alum in the morning and I'll try to post my results. Now, is the time. Fishing should be good most places until this cold front hits early next week.

Tip: If you're not catching, then try to move around and locate some shallow baitfish.

CG

Post Thanks / Like

West Branch was so-so last weekend... Going to Portage Lakes tomorrow... We'll see what happens.
    Microspoons Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I've had the same results. Did OK tues and weds. with about 10 both days and some nice size fish. Thurs. was like pulling teeth with only 2 fish in box and 2 that came off. Today, Fri. I put in the big skunk . How did the fishing go from so - so to totally dead? I'm very confused.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry,I meant to say 30 keeps at Rocky,Duh.I hear they are hitting at Paint also.

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We have been catching some very nice fish lately down here in the river valley. Bite has been kinda slow but have caught some real slabs. Caught more blacks today, not sure what that means if anything. Dogwoods are in bloom and the fish are biting. I cleaned 17 today and put no. 18 in my friends pond. A 16 inch white packed full of eggs. She had to go close to 2lbs.

Post Thanks / Like

Caught close to 100 today, not very many keepers though....was fun but disappointing at the same time with all the smaller fish being caught...tried different structure, depths, etc...and just kept catching smaller fish....was about 10 small fish to every 1 decent size(over 10") fish...oh well it was FUN! Was at Piant Creek lake by the way!

Fished the Ohio River Sat. and caught 8 over 12"....not as many, caught around 30, but all larger in size...fished creeks dumbing into the Ohio and around marina boat docks.
    Last edited by JKeeney20; 04-27-2008 at 08:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Great ,glad to hear some more people catching fish,Wewent back to Rocky yesterday caught about 50 kept 33,still mostly females abot 4-6 ft deep.water temp low 60s ,I hope to try Brush Creek while the bite is on ,the jig bite was on vertical jigging worked best

Post Thanks / Like

EBCC had an tournament at Clendening Saturday. Only 3 teams, can't figure that out. But what a day. The slab are hot and heavy. 7.55 to win. Boys, it is definately time to get some crappie in the freezer. They were hitting in 1 to 5 ft of water. temp was 66 degrees.
    Tim
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member