Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Warrior river, Bankhead lake

Oakgrove fisherman Guest

Default Warrior river, Bankhead lake

Hello Everyone, I am new here. I haven't been fishing much since I was a kid. I have finally got to the point in my professional life to have the time do do something I wanted for years to do.......fish!!!!! I went out and bought me a nice little aluminum bass boat and I am ready to go. I had pretty good luck with some bream and a few bass last week but what I would really like to catch is some crappie. I live below concord in Oak Grove near lock 17 on the bankhead side . I plan to mostly launch at the lighthouse marina. I would really appreciate some advice on how to fish the crappie in my area? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard!
    Biguns Pro Guide Service 662-424-2551, B'n'M Pro Staff, Engel Coolers Pro Staff, Ego Nets Pro Staff, Cumberland Crappie Pro Staff, Wise Boat Seats Pro Staff, Southern Pro Pro Staff, Pap's Hair Jigs Pro Staff, The Edge Multifunction Trolling Motor Bracket Pro Staff, Enjoy What God has given us and remember take a kid Fishing !

Post Thanks / Like

welcome from east central alabama

Post Thanks / Like

Locate your Crappie and use jigs in 1/16oz. Try tube lures in red@white. Slow retrieve will give you good results. Good luck Idaho Slab master.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome
    I usually fish several miles up river from light house on the river and have not been in 2 or 3 weekends but I would assume the spawn is playing out and the crappie are moving back a little deeper. If I didnt have to work this weekend I would start looking for them 5' to 8' deep with a chartruse colored 1/16 - 1/8 oz jig and or minnows around submerged structure. Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

try walker conty shoal creek and fish the tree tops i caught some there last weekend and coal bed creek is pretty good to