Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pomme

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pomme

Anybody Catching Any Crappie On Pomme De Terre?

Post Thanks / Like

I am headed up there tomorrow, sure hope to hook into some.

Post Thanks / Like

Two guys I know were up there Tues and said water was 65 degree's and muddy. They put in at Bol Landing and had 2 green carp and one drum no spec's. Good luck and let us know how ya do.

Post Thanks / Like

Justin,

Haven't been, trying to get in a few last snagging trips before the season is over. Let us know how Pomme is.

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Post Thanks / Like

I just got home today after spending 3 days up there. All I can say is that it was poor. Water temp was showing from 61 to 66. I caught 2 crappie, 3 bass, and 5 perch in those 3 days. I could not find the crappie in the shallows, and fished alittle deeper without any luck. The carp were banging and knocking around all the coves, but I could not find the crappie. I hope you have better luck.
    Crappie don't sleep, is that why I'm so tired?
    Team crappiekingjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back from Pomme today. Same poor fishing as Minnowlips described for me. I got to meet Minnowlips at the ramp, thanks to his sticker on his truck and boat. Nice meeting a fellow crappie.dot-com'er!

Got a tip to hit below the Pomme dam, so we tried that Thursday, putting in at Hermitage - didn't get bit by crappie, but we did find a couple gallons of mushrooms though The current was tough to fish and the slack water that we did find weren't producing.

The fishermen I talked to said fishing there is always tough at Pomme when they are in flood conditions and water is running out the dam. There sure weren'yt many fishermen out on the water all week long- it resembled a ghost town. The water was so high we had to take a ferry to get back and forth to our resort dock (Stillwater). The resort cabins our group stayed at was nice and had a nice lake-view. The owners were great also-sounds like they are selling it in a year though.

One tip that might be worth trying is tightlining deep water- up off the bottom about a foot (with a minnow) over 20 feet of water. One person in our party caught three decent ones that way on Friday right before the weather changed to cold wind. Can't blame anybody but the weather, on our poor success-it was as tough as I've seen it for that long of a stretch. Now to talk my boss into believing that week of my vacation doesn't count, since the fishing was so bad. :p

Post Thanks / Like

It was good to meet you to twain. I just wish our luck had been better.
    Crappie don't sleep, is that why I'm so tired?
    Team crappiekingjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

I am a newbiw to this site. I fished Pomme most of the day Saturday and they were tough to find. In the afternoon, they start to bite and we caught about 20 on 8 keepers. We'll try it again next weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the report and welcome to the site,,,
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER