Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rosy reds

whiplash Guest

Default rosy reds

does any one know if you can put something in the minnow ,s water to get them to pick up the color red ? I keep reading about rosy reds but I can,t find anyone here in central IL that sells them//
    whiplash

Post Thanks / Like

Try minnowcoloring.com
    I've also been told fine red brick dust will color them.

Post Thanks / Like

Default whiplash

Quote Originally Posted by whiplash
    does any one know if you can put something in the minnow ,s water to get them to pick up the color red ? I keep reading about rosy reds but I can,t find anyone here in central IL that sells them//
    whiplash

There is a bait shop in Mattoon Illinois that sells rosey reds.
    Armstrong bait and tackle.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

whiplash Guest

Thumbs up RE:rosy reds

Quote Originally Posted by PIGINTHEPIGPEN
    There is a bait shop in Mattoon Illinois that sells rosey reds.
    Armstrong bait and tackle.
    thanks form the imfo /// I used to be on here as perchjerker , changed IP so I ,m here now as whiplash ? don,t usually go thru mattoon ,where is armstrong b & t located ? been doing real good on main lake pts. on wood at the big coves
    whiplash

Post Thanks / Like

Default Try aquarium suppliers

The only places we have found them here in Western Ohio are Petsmart and the local aquarium store. Both places sell them for $1.25/doz. They're sold for feeder fish and are labeled as rosy reds. These are NOT goldfish! Goldfish get as large as common carp and are deeper bodied. Rosies are just a color variant of fathead minnows and top out at about 3.5 inches. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Default former perch

thanks form the imfo /// I used to be on here as perchjerker , changed IP so I ,m here now as whiplash ? don,t usually go thru mattoon ,where is armstrong b & t located ? been doing real good on main lake pts. on wood at the big coves
    whiplash

Would that be lake shelbyville your doing good at?
    The bait shop I spoke of is right off of Marshall ave and 25th street. coming east on rt 16
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

whiplash Guest

Default RE: rosy reds

Would that be lake shelbyville your doing good at?
    The bait shop I spoke of is right off of Marshall ave and 25th street. coming east on rt 16
    yes it is shelbyville --- not been this week ---but 2 weeks before has been good whiplash

Post Thanks / Like

Default whipper

yes it is shelbyville --- not been this week ---but 2 weeks before has been good whiplash

Good as in you got your limit of 10 10 inchers?

whiplash Guest

Talking RE: limit

Good as in you got your limit of 10 10 inchers?
    l last trip [first part of last week ] cleaned 20 [my wife and I ] 3 bumped 13 " -about 1/2 of the rest were between 11 to 11 1/2 ///nothing else was less than a good 10 "

Post Thanks / Like

Default damn lash

l last trip [first part of last week ] cleaned 20 [my wife and I ] 3 bumped 13 " -about 1/2 of the rest were between 11 to 11 1/2 ///nothing else was less than a good 10 "

What boat ramp did you put in at? If you don't mind me askimg?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast