Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wappapello

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wappapello

Any word on the wapp? Should be some fish in the brush by now. Wanting to try it, just curious. thanks PB

Post Thanks / Like

We fished wapp Saturday and Sunday..... We jigged the brush, casted roadrunners, bobbers/jigs, and spider rigged!!!!

We caught less than 10 fish both days. The ONLY fish we caught were right over the brush on the normal pool bank line in @25" of water anywhere from 7-12' down.

It was SLOW!!! But we had 4 keepers out of those 15-20 fish and they were 1.25-1.5#.

There are not many people fishing at all. The only ramps that were open this weekend were the state park ramp at asher creek and sundowner. Monday they opened redman.

lake level is 381 and falling 3/4-1' a day.

good luck
    longshot

Post Thanks / Like

I know of a dozen good ones caught in less than three hours. Average weight of about 1.25. Can't tell where just yet, tournament Saturday. Hope they are still there. Partner is fishing today.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished the main lake area yesterday 1-6pm. The wind presented a slight challenge for positioning as the afternoon went on. We were fishing the brush and caught six/one keeper(maybe a pound). Jigs only. Those caught were between 18" to 3' deep over 12-15 fow. Temps in the 69-71 degree range. Seems like the main lake is clearing a little.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not in the tourney. Hope they have a big turnout. I took a whooping at Sardis this year and will stick to the wapp. Thanks