Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: duck lake revisited...

Post Thanks / Like

Default duck lake revisited...

Well I thought I posted this thread but didn't see it later so I'll post again...
    Buddy and I ran down to Duck Lake again last night and fished it for 4 hours until dark. Water temps were around 62 or so and we found them where I left them on Sat. Didn't pick up as many as I thougth we would but boxed 8 nice ones and let half a dozen smaller ones go. Missed several nice hits also. The unseasonably warm weather and sun we've been enjoying here in western MI has pushed the lily pads 4" outa the water. Sat. they were all 6" below the surface. All specks were prespawn females full of eggs. All were between 10 to 12". Caught them on flies again. BYW was this guys first time at the end of a flyrod, so I have an excuse for not catching more fish...hard time fishing when you're gut rolling on the bottom of the boat! :D:D
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

good job doodler
    I can still remember my first time with a flyrod, we were fishing out of a little 9ft pram , I almost flipped us several times:D:D:D
    fillet em n fry em
    john

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah there's a lot of action goin' on while castin' flies, and you really need some stability in your craft. Have done it many times with the wife in a canoe...she put a stop to that.:D

Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

Things are looking up over here on the west side as far as weather goes. I do believe though, things are about to change back to normal next week.
    Good carch Yankee.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

nice catch yankeedoodler,,things sure are heating up here in the great state of michigan as far as crappie and gill fishin goes,, great job
    It is not about the equipment you have to use,
    It is about how you use the equipment you have. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. Have the grandaughter this weekend and was hoping to take her out while the fishin' is good, but today is pretty blustery and cold again. Only in the great state of Michigan, huh?

Post Thanks / Like

I think the fish probibly put there winter coats back on.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

well the trip w/ the gdaughter didn't happen. have a fishin' buddy that I haven't fished w/ since last spring when we did a small tournament after work. we didn't do well enough to place, but fun nontheless. we are going to try pine lake in barry co. reports are that it's a killer lake for papermouths until the end of may. another buddy at work went last week and 3 of them came back w/ 62 for 3-1/2 hrs. of fishing. I need some o that.:D