Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Love it when a plan comes together!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Love it when a plan comes together!

I took one of my welders fishing yesterday. Made him put up or shut up about a gravel pit he has been talking about "taking me to" for months.

This guy really wanted to learn about crappie fishing and i went to try and show him. We launched, and fished this 30-40 acre pit for a couple of hours and caught maybe 6 keepers. As I trolled around looking at my portable fish finder i was talking to him about structure that you can't see and water depths and blaa blaa blaa. I could tell he really didn't get it. As a bass fisherman, and not very experienced at that, he could not get into fishing in "the middle of the pond":D I love those guys!!!

My welder had told me that the pond was void of a lot of structure because they had dregded it for new gravel about 10 years ago. GREAT!:rolleyes:
    BUT! There was hope! "Somebody" he knew had sunk some christmas trees, but he didn't know where.

Bout 9AM I was easing along in about 21ft of water and the screen on the humminbird went BLACK with structure and the beeps sounded like a pager going off!! I threw out a marker bouy so fast he didn't even see me do it. We spun around and (all I do is tite line with a 9ft sam heaton and jig) dropped our jigs down around 13ft where they were holding. I could see it in his face :rolleyes:

I said to myself, "you little SOB, I cant wait to rip the lips on the first one and wipe that look off your face. :D

Within 5 seconds, both sam heatons were doubled to the water! YEAH BABY!!!

Now, keep in mind it was already 9AM and I was PAYING him like we were on the clock just so he would shut up and take me to this pit. So, I said, "lets just throw em back Nick so we dont have to fool with em at work. We prolly wont catch many this late anyway". WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!

We sat on this ENORMOUS pile of trees for an hour (cost me another $15:D) and must have caught and thrown back 40.

He was STUNNED! he kept sayin, "I had no idea" "all these years I been fishing 1/10th of the water I should have been"

I LOVE it when crappie are where they are supposed to be, the fishfinder is so great you remember why you bought it, and they bite like they haven't eaten in a month!:D

Thank you Lord, I won't forget it.

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

way to go...good job

Post Thanks / Like

$15.00 an hour for a welder?????:D
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

15 dollars, he blind or what?

Post Thanks / Like

Good going.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Yes the depthfinder and gps have changed fishing forever, no doubt about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool story, but he should have been paying you. Now where is that gravel pit? :D
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Default great story kman amazing crappie and structure

great story kman crappie and structure go hand and one without the other means zero fish.

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Tell your welder I'll give him a raise to $20 an hour if he takes me fishing in his old fishing hole.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast