Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Schooling fish????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Schooling fish????

Is anybody finding any schooling fish? I was afraid with all the crazy weather that we have had lately, that the fishing this spring was going to be hard. But the lakes are clearing up and the bite has been on. I have been 5 or 6 times in the last two weeks, and have done really well. Went last night after work and caught about 20 at a local lake. Have been to three differnent bodies of water so far and have caught lots of fish, but it seems Im only picking up one or two, and then have to move on. In past years I can remember sitting at blown down or over a brush and catching a limit. Maybe they haven't all moved in yet. Just wandering if anybody is finding them, could be just the water Im fishing.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

There has been a few times in the last week where I caught 50 under one dock, and over 200 in a 50 yard area, my disbelief is that the water temp is near 66 degrees, and not one fish has it's war colors on for the spawn. I usually don't keep fish (except through the ice), but today I gonna keep a limit just to see how developed the eggs are. Anybody else in central indiana catching fish with black coloring or "war-paint"?
    Ask me about: Bobby Garland, CrappiePro, Yeti Coolers, Power-Pole, and Simms Products!

Post Thanks / Like

My brother and I went to a lake north of Ft Wayne this past Sunday. It was sunny and completely still with no ripple. We went our favorite spot which is a sunken island with some lily pads. We could see schools of crappie hanging just below the surface. They were so shallow that their dorsal fins were sometimes breaking the surface. We were using live minnows with our depth set at about 8 inches, fishing in 10 feet of water. As long as it was still, they would hang there and bite. As soon as the wind came up, they would move to deeper water and stop biting. When the wind stopped, they would move back in and start biting again.

Post Thanks / Like

Morse lake in Central Indiana is on fire Locator. The fish are schooling and getting their spawning colors. I am not sure about southern Indiana. I know you have had a lot more water then we have had. I have been pitching docks for the past week and I have enough Crappie to last me and my folks a while. It started extremely slow this year and then took off like wildfire.
    Caught so many fish today my thumb is sore from clicking the counter.

Post Thanks / Like

Default South Indiana

I kind of found what you were saying is what Ive seen fished a long dock monday caught 13 , went back Wednesday and caught 12 more but had to use the full lengh of the dock 100 ft.long or longer to get those 12, Thats the first fish Ive even found this year. but I think they are just moving in for the spawn. At least I hope thats the case.