Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone fish Smithville?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone fish Smithville?

I do 90% of my fishing on Smithville lake and would like to hear from anyone else who fishes there. No one would admit to catching more than one or two this past Saturday. My partner and I caught only 2 (both shallow) but they were nice... 12" and 13"... Everyone said "They were catchin' em last weekend!" Heard that too many times

Post Thanks / Like

I avoid the weekends but did well monday-fish the north end mostly

Post Thanks / Like

I was on the north end too... Think the area is called "School Bus Cove"... about a mile below the free ramp. I'll have to try it more during the week... I'm retired but my usual partners work so end up going weekends...

Post Thanks / Like

school bus cove-I'm guessing you mean just west of "C" hi-way in the little platte?Got 3 old school busses buried in the bank?

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm... Maybe I wasn't in School Bus cove... Didn't see the busses... Just the name on the lake map. I was on the east side of the Little Platte arm just south of the spot where the river seems to divide... (Shallows to the left are actually the river...)There's a long creek that goes to the right (going upstream)... goes back maybe a mile or so... curves around... Steep hills on the right (going in)... Little rocky shelf at the base of the hills then drops off to the channel. Clear as mud, huh? Better check my map again.

Last year, caught good sized crappie and 3-4 lb. channel cats that were in the middle of the spawning crappie. Seems to get a fair amout of pressure... much of it coming down from Plattsburg but not nearly as much as the coves near the Hwy W.

Post Thanks / Like

Last week I caught my limit all 5 days -- I skip weekends if at all possible. Went out this morning before the rain came and picked up 7. All between 10" and 12", but not bad for an hour of fishing and after a major cold front. I fish main lake mostly, I got tired of repairing props!

Shaun
    Don't take life so seriously, no one lives through it anyhow!!

Post Thanks / Like

You're tempting me Shaun... Tomorrow is supposed to be partly cloudy but no rain...
    Just WHERE did you catch those limits?... and how deep?... On what?... (Just scientific curiosity, of course) Heh, heh....

Post Thanks / Like

Water was very muddy tue.on the north end.Water has cooled 4-5 degrees in the last week,whitecaps on the open water.Had no takers from the bank in 30 min.I may have to break down and,,,GASP,,,,,buy a few dozen minnows.I fished 8-12 feet deep real tight to cover(losing jigs)Thinking they have moved back into the main channels or just had liplock.

Post Thanks / Like

I am heading to Smithville later today to meet up with a couple of friends. Hope to have a good report later tonight or tomorrow. Jim C.

crappiedave Guest

Default smithville

been doing well in sailboat cove from bank, havent even taking out boat been doing so well from bank.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast