Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: best regular fillet knife

Post Thanks / Like

Default best regular fillet knife

What is the best regular fillet knife? I have never tried the electric, looks like you couldn't do as good a job with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by newblade View Post
    What is the best regular fillet knife? I have never tried the electric, looks like you couldn't do as good a job with it.
    yes you can, and much faster
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Been using electric since before the green and yellow one came out,IE Turkey Carver,I don't even have a regular fillet knife and wouldn't care for one.

Post Thanks / Like

I always thought the same thing until I tried one. I'll use a regular occasionally but if there is a bunch of cleaning to do........... As far as regular, I have a couple of the black handled folding that keep a good edge but are easy to sharpen. I als have the green handled Buck that is good too. The rapala I have stinks, won't hold an edge and is tough to sharpen. My best one though is a ..............................................Chic ago Cutlery that I picked up at an outlet store for $2

Post Thanks / Like

birch handle Rapala for me. I have used electrics before and I don't care for them. I can do a better job with less waste and just as quick with a regular fillet knife.

Post Thanks / Like

Kersaw makes a good one.I have had one for years and she still goin strong ,easy to put an edge on and holds it good.I cant remember the exact name of the knife model but its the only one that has a built-in set of crock stixx in the sheath for sharpening it.
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

get you a Forschner (by Swiss Army)......5" boning knife....they are superb as a fillet knife and they will skin and bone deer also...I use one of those small hand held sharpeners..can't remember the name of it right now, its white with a blue handle...has the hand guard, you just draw it across your knife. A couple of swipes keeps it razor sharp.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Cutco...Fishermans Solution.

Post Thanks / Like

The first couple fish I did with an electric didn't look so pretty, but once I got the hang of cleaning with it my cleaning time was greatly reduced. I had an old black and decker my parents gave me when I went to college, it would zip through the fish, when it burned out I tried one of the american anglers from wally world, I won't make that mistake again, I couldn't cut soft butter with that thing.
    Goodnight Vienna...Pistols Firing!!!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast