Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fish outting?

Post Thanks / Like

Default fish outting?

What happened on the fish outting you guys were putting together?

Anything memorable?

I'm moving in the very near future but would love to make one of these trips.
    "You should have been here yesterday!"

Post Thanks / Like

There was only 3 boats that showed up - Duane and his friend Paul, Bugman and his wife, and then myself and Outlaw. Myself and Outlaw caught some big fish, Bugman had the big fish and Duane didnt fair to well but we will get him taught how to fish this lake. We thought the way this started out it would have been a good turn out, but fizzled at the end. It was good to put a face with a name. And to make new friends that enjoy the same kind of fishing. Its already got myself someone else to fish with. Bugman and I had fun day on Sunday, never seen a guy that can haul all types of fish in. He defindly kick my butt in the crappie and weight if you count that 30lb carp that he hooked into! He was nice to show me some spots on that part of the lake I havent fished yet. I also saw some nice looking spots that could use a few beds next winter. I owe him a trip soon before it gets any rougher. I know things come up, so it all good. We can try to shoot for another one this summer.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Let's set teh next date earlier so we can work our schedules and try and make it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TAE73
    There was only 3 boats that showed up - Duane and his friend Paul, Bugman and his wife, and then myself and Outlaw. Myself and Outlaw caught some big fish, Bugman had the big fish and Duane didnt fair to well but we will get him taught how to fish this lake. We thought the way this started out it would have been a good turn out, but fizzled at the end. It was good to put a face with a name. And to make new friends that enjoy the same kind of fishing. Its already got myself someone else to fish with. Bugman and I had fun day on Sunday, never seen a guy that can haul all types of fish in. He defindly kick my butt in the crappie and weight if you count that 30lb carp that he hooked into! He was nice to show me some spots on that part of the lake I havent fished yet. I also saw some nice looking spots that could use a few beds next winter. I owe him a trip soon before it gets any rougher. I know things come up, so it all good. We can try to shoot for another one this summer.
    Thanks for the update. My schedule has been crazy this year. Sneaking out to fish whenever I can but it's difficult to plan much of anything at this time.

If we are still in Missouri in a couple of months, then things will probably settle down. Would love to get out with you guys on a trip in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Carp
    Let's set teh next date earlier so we can work our schedules and try and make it.
    Well I think after Duane and myself and some of the others efforts on trying to get a date picked. We picked 2 dates which was a month away at the time and let everyone vote on. To which you did not vote or suggest another date. So since you didnt vote or suggest I guess your out of luck. I know that eveyones schedule would not workout for the dates picked but we would have gladly taken other dates into consideration and voted for those also. And things do come up at the last minute that do not allow you to make it the date that you voted for.

If people want to have another one I am all up for it.

Saturday April 2, 2005
    bugman, CrappieOutlaw, Rattler, TAE73 4 44.44%
    Saturday April 9, 2005
    adamr, Berkley69, duane, jimbo, Kit Papermouth
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Hoot I hope we do get to meet you before you move, where you headed to?
    Ted

Post Thanks / Like

Ted, you could have left the whole carp thing out, i dont think there was any butt kickn goin on we both caught fish and had fun and after all we were hitting my spots when we go to purvis it will be a different story.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bugman
    Ted, you could have left the whole carp thing out, i dont think there was any butt kickn goin on we both caught fish and had fun and after all we were hitting my spots when we go to purvis it will be a different story.
    No you did, after cleaning the fish, you could see it. I had all males except for 1 female to all of your females and you had 1 or 2 males. Hope fully we can hit it this weekend or next, after that I think I it will be truman or twain the rest of the year. I will be adding some brush to the sunking dock cove next fall for sure. I still think you should have tried to land that monster, would have been a blast on the ultralite.
    Ted

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TAE73
    Hoot I hope we do get to meet you before you move, where you headed to?
    Well it's still up in the air right now Ted. Depends on contracts. Could be So. Virginia around the Kerr Lake area, up in Ohio near Athen's, or....back to Asia.

My work keeps me moving all over the place. After having spent most of the last 20 years in Asia, it sure has been great to be home and fishing again. My wife and I have gone fishing every week but 3 since this past September. Most of my fishing has been saltwater in the past years. But I grew up Crappie and Bass fishing with my dad and I didn't realize how much I missed it until I got out on the water again.

I'll be looking for a place on Bull Shoals this year so that no matter where I am, I've got a place to go back to and fish.

If there's anyway at all I can join you guys, I'll be there.

Tks
    Hoot

Post Thanks / Like

I too am planning to put a stake bed or two in that cove especially in front of the tree by the cut that should hold a bunch of females next year.I fished the same areas yesterday and a few more big fish finally showed up,nothing special but decent. the last place we fished on the main channel before the big boats ran us off the one by the short bluff was great yesterday so if you make it back to that area dont pass it up it always produces. you coming to the crappiemasters tournament saturday? the weigh in starts at three on sat it is at frank and louies on lake road 5-41 i'll be there helping with the tournament come on by. Let me know if you want to go next weekend i dont have anything planned. outlaw, come along we can bash our hero ha ha.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast