Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Electric Anchors ...are They Worth It?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Electric Anchors ...are They Worth It?

Years Ago I Crappie Fished With A Fellow In A Little Fishermarine Boat. He Had Electric Anchors. It Seemed To Work Great. I Hav Enow Started Crappie Fishing Some. I Bought A Boat Just To Set Up For Crappie Fishing. It's A Champion Walleye Boat With A 115 Mercury Outboard. I Have Been Refurbishing It. I Stripped It Bare, Repaired Some Damaged Fibreglass Places. Put All New Wiring, Pumps, Switches, Lights, Trolling Motor, Carpet, New Floor, Everything New But The Outboard. I Even Put Better Electronics On It Than I Have On My Bassboat. But I Didnt Put Anchors. I Have Been Trying To Decide If I Need Them Or Not? If I Do , Do I Need The Manual Crank Up Type Or Electric? What Do All Most Of You Regular Crappie Fisherman And Guides Use? Thanks For Your Input. Bigfish

Post Thanks / Like

I just use a couple of anchors tied to a long rope & then tie them off to the side of the boat, I have used electric anchors, & they are handy, but I have had a few switches go out which has been a pain in the rear sometimes, personally, I don't have a preference, just sorta which ever one you are more comfortable with.
    Jesus Said: Come, follow me & I will make you fishers of men.

Post Thanks / Like

I keep a couple in the boat,but rarely use em, only if I fish a brush pile at night with lights which is rare ,oh yea and when I park at the redneck yacht club.
    Last edited by Outlaw1&2; 04-22-2008 at 10:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Coffee can full of concrete and a hand line works good for me.

Post Thanks / Like

IO have two electrics on my boat and wouldn't be without them.
    The first one was given to me. I liked it so much,, I made one for the back of my boat.
    Mike