Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: clip swivels ( good or bad??? )

Post Thanks / Like

Default clip swivels ( good or bad??? )

Especially when using an open face reel I run into line troubles . Twisting ,kinking ,or just plain ole birds nesting. Does a swivel hurt your lure presentation that much or do some of you just clip them on and have no problems. I've always heard that they change the way the plug or lure is meant to run. I saw a friend of mine that had tied a regular swivel up his line about 12" or so which might be the way to go, I don't know. Or should I just put up with the natural line problems and every so ofter just either tie more line on or run the line behind the boat to remove the kinks. Your suggestions on this would be greatly apprecitated!!!!! Thank You...

Post Thanks / Like

I would use a inline swivle and use a lead to tie my lure. I do this alot and cant tell any diffrence at all.
    *ProStaff for CB's Hawg Sauce
    *Owner of www.toneyoutdoors.com

Post Thanks / Like

The swivel has got to go! With level wind or spin reels ,it is critical to spool the line properly. With a bait caster or level wind you should not have any line twist. With a spin rod if you over fill the spool you will have a major problem. Line comes with directions that are very specific as how to spool. follow the directions. Loose the swivel and pravtice several knots. You problem will be minimal!!