Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: crappie tv

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappie tv

There was a post last week about a upcomming crappie fishing show that ultimately only showed 5 min of crappie fishing. I wondered why there was little to no crappie fishing on tv so I called JM outdoors here in Little Rock to ask. JM was founded by Jerry McKinnis host of the fishing hole. This show is the longest running outdoors show on television. I spoke with a guy who told me that the reason there is no crappie fishing on tv is that "crappie fishing is slow paced and to sedintary" that it could not be made into an exciting show that the average joe would watch. He baisicaly said that crappie, catfish, and trout fishing were boring to the tv audiences.
    I also asked him why there was so much of the gold mining stuff on the outdoor channel because that sure wasnt action packed. He told me that the guy who owns the outdoor channel bought it to promote and sell his mining equipment. He went on to say that they want to be like NASCAR in that 10 years ago they were just some cars running circles arround a track and now they are big time. He said that bass fishing is colorful and fast paced and thats what society wants is fast paced tv. I asked if the days of informative tips and techniques on crappie fishing is done and he baisicaly said its been done for a while.
    I have to say though I know no one personaly on this board I bet if they put a camera crew in the boat of some of those night stalkers I bet it would make bass tournament coverage look like the funeral coverage for the pope.

Post Thanks / Like

i would have to agree with that one gooch, good call.
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

The Sportsman Channel is now under contract with 4 of the biggest 5 cable companies in the nation and they are adding areas continuously. Although our show season has ended, Midwest Crappie will be back on the air this fall and winter with a new season of shows. We will continue to try to cover as many techniques as possible and keep everything "crappie"!! We have already taped several shows for the new series including a couple of shows with Richard Williams, a prespawn show on Greeson with Jerry Blake, early spring with Joe Thomas on Logan Martin, Weiss lake trolling with Crappie Unlimited's Terry Whaley, Barkley Lake with Bubba Colb, and more. This week we will be at Wilson and then on to MO. for a couple of shows. If anyone has any suggestions, please email me at [email protected]

GOOD FISHIN!!!
    Russ
    www.midwestcrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Need to hit a tournament or two to showcase Crappie Tourny's through out the US !!
    Jim McIntyre
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Amen to the night fishing on the docks! Man I would buy any shows of that as soon as they came out. Now that is exciting. Shoot, as lucky as I have been getting on Blackshear this past month, filming me would be pretty exciting. And that is a faaaaaaar stretch.