Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Myrtle Beach Area

Post Thanks / Like

Default Myrtle Beach Area

Anyone fish the Myrtle Beach Area? Went out for a few hours on the 2nd Avenue Pier, caught 2 whiting, one very nice one, and a half dozen 6" croaker. A few croaker on shrimp and squid, most of them and the whiting came on filleted finger mullet.

Post Thanks / Like

Default pier fishing

hey i have been down there once before and i fished both 2nd ave pier and spring maid pier and i liked spring maid better caught twice as many fish and the people were 10 times more nicer and helpful hoping to get to go back there this year as well we used fillets of finger mullet and caught all kinds of different fish such as pin fish croaker butter fish blues whiting sting ray and even caught a couple snapper and 1 flounder had a wonderful time

Post Thanks / Like

Yep it's a great place once you get out on the pier. I hate the beach crowds but a lot of the time the fishing is worth it. Gimme a shout if you come down this year, I'll be trying to make frequent trips.

Post Thanks / Like

i think our family is gonna head down there in the middle of august , have either of you fished there in the fall. we always went to the cherry grove pier, and caught a few whiting

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I don't usually do the middle of the summer fishing due to the heat, but if there's fish running and decent weather I'll be trying to catch them.