Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rod and reel inventory

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod and reel inventory

After counting the rods hanging in my garage of which about half have reels attached to them I'm curious, is this normal or do most of you have reels on all the rods you have?
    Everyone has a secret talent they didn't know about until tequila.

Post Thanks / Like

I usually keep several spare rods of the ultra lites because I usually break at least one or two each year, especially if the grandkids go along. I also keep several tips handy to. depending how much of the tip is broken off, or if just the guide tip is broken.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

i normally have about 2 rods for every reel. i had about 40 rods and 20 reels. i started selling some on ebay. the reels sold quickly and the rods hardly at all. so now i have even more than 2 - 1 .

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a few rods without reels on them. Most were originally combos that the reel went belly-up after several years of use. I most always buy combos - they tend to be better balanced than what I'd pair up on my own, so I let the manufacturers pair the rod and reel for me. Since the rods are still good I keep 'em just in case the rod on a new combo decides to break.

Post Thanks / Like

I never have the same # of each, but which one I have more of varies. Currently I have 4 or 5 more reels than rods, but I recently went on a reel binge. I break rods more often than reels, and invariably I find a "better deal" on a combo than just buying the rod by itself. I'm sure I'm not the only one who does that!
    Jeremiah 16:16a "But now I will send for many fishermen," declares the Lord, "and they will catch them."

Post Thanks / Like

yes combo deals can be good. i buy a lot of combo's myself. i am currently trying to buy 10 new combo's a year. then sell the older ones to get part of my money back. the only problem is i hate to get rid of the old rods and reels that i like. lol so i end up with 2 or 3 garbage cans full stacked in the corner. i need to sell several i just hate to take pics and put them online and then have to package them for shipping and take them to the post office or ups to ship them. i wish someone locally would just come buy a bunch of them from me. lol

Post Thanks / Like

I always have more reels then rods also myself.Currently I have 6 older reels & 5 brand new with no rods for them.I think my kids breaks more rods then I replace is why I'm gathering so many reels

Post Thanks / Like

My rod to reel numbers are about even,I have more than I can use of both.

Post Thanks / Like

About even maybe a rod or 2 extra. Wife says too many I say not enough.

Post Thanks / Like

REMEMBER: He who dies with most wins!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast