Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mass Crappie are hitting well

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mass Crappie are hitting well

Went out to several lakes last week in Taunton, Lakeville and Rochester area ... All the lakes are absolutely loaded with crappie and hitting black, chartruse, and olive 1/32 oz. colored jigs with ferocity. Landed about 75-100 crappie in the 8-10.5 " range in Winnecutt & Sabbitia lake. Great fishing but, this lake need to thinned some, so the crappie can get some size. Went to Sniptatuit (crappie bigger and thicker, got around 50 fish) and the Crappie are black, black, balck... told once this is when the spawn is about to happen. For those Crappie fisherman in Mass... go get 'um... just a note, there was a Bass tournament on Sabbitia and no bass were being caught, I was fast catching crappie one after another in one hole and next thing I had five $25,000 bass boats all around me wanting to know if any bass were in that hole.... me in my old $300 pelican 2 man boat and little 28 lbs trolling motor thowing 1/32oz jigs, boy tallk about intimidated....They were throwing gawdy spinnerbaits as big as my hand, no fish, go figure....

Foxy is offline Moderator Massachusetts Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wish I could've gone with you!

Who knows, I just worked a nightshift, but I may skip my sleep today and take my raft on over to sunset lake - its probably going to be my last chance for awhile

Post Thanks / Like

Sunset lake has some big bluegills towards the middle of the lake

Foxy is offline Moderator Massachusetts Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gillbuster View Post
    Sunset lake has some big bluegills towards the middle of the lake
    ^some nice perch in there as well. And BIG bass.