Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any signs of spawn yet in PA?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any signs of spawn yet in PA?

Just wondering if anyone is seeing any signs of spawning fish yet?

Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering the same thing. The weather has been great. I fish at Sharpsville Lake in Mercer County. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Nellycab to crappie.com and the Pa boards. The lake you are referring to is Shenango Dam, the dam itsself, is in Sharpsville.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes... just an old habbit calling it that. Have you seen any signs of spawning yet? I am ready to go but I think it's too early.

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Crappie are being caught. Seems the best time is afternoon evenings. Fish we have caught do not have eggs or sperm. So it must have happened already, or at least for some of them. We were fishing at RC's Marina with a neighbor who docks their pontoon boat there. Want to take my boat soon and check some other areas too, to see if its the same other places, plus to see if there is a problem with the motor.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the temp is going to drop a lot this weekend. Do you think I will have any luck trying from shore with the colder temps? I may try regardless.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished old tent city last evening and got about 15. Kept 4 and they had eggs, but they weren't ready to explode yet. Should be in early may I think. Anyway, the fish are hittin, it's just that the big ones aren't close to shore yet. I hope to be out this weekend.

REDNECK

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The fish at Shenango wont start spawning till mid-may. All my log records indicate that. Fish can be caught from shore tho. Just got back home from Ky lake so i'll check shenango out by the weekend and post current results. Smitty

Post Thanks / Like

hey chaunc; glad to see ya back home. been fishing mosquito and it's been slow going, some eyes and a few crappie. talk to soon. gary

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stump jumper
    hey chaunc; glad to see ya back home. been fishing mosquito and it's been slow going, some eyes and a few crappie. talk to soon. gary
    There's severe weather coming thru Ohio so i put my Ky. trip off for a few days. Went to squito this morning and hammered some slab crappies and also got a real nice eye. I've got reports that the crappies are on the banks NOW at shenango. I guess my log book was accurate :D , as i said in a previous post, mid-may. Guess i'll go up in the A M , and see for myself. Dont have to be back at work till the 31st. see ya!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast