Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's got big plans for the full moon this weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Default Who's got big plans for the full moon this weekend

I'm going to get out there starting wed. and hope to go every day for a week.

Post Thanks / Like

David how does the full moon affect your fishing? I am new to crappie only fishing and was just wondering what you do to catch post spawn crappie under a full moon in clear water? I know that the bass men love the full moon in the spring and summer cause the crawfish hatch starting 3 days before and 3 days after a full moon. But just didnt know why a crappie man would be going crazy about it.

Post Thanks / Like

And while we are on the topic....for anyone who is knowledgeable. Does the full moon affect night dock fishing? Considering the extra light from the moon competing with the dock lights. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappster
    And while we are on the topic....for anyone who is knowledgeable. Does the full moon affect night dock fishing? Considering the extra light from the moon competing with the dock lights. Thanks.
    I've heard that full moons aren't that great for night stalking because of the bright light that is all over the water.If it's overcast you would still do well probably.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how it works. Seems to work for all fish tho. Doug Hannnon did a study that something like 75% of all record fish were caught 3 days befor and after a full and new moon. I've had days of a full moon were ya just hammered um at noon. Weather has to be stable, cold or hot, just no big fronts. Didn't know that about the crawfish, there arn't any in the lake I fish.

Post Thanks / Like

If your weather looks to be clear on the day of the full moon, hit it a couple days befor or after. Seems to work better befor. Or fish at noon, you don't have to get up early and the bright sun isn't as much of a change from a bright moon. If you can get there befor a storm comes in after a week of good weather quit your job if you can't take the time off.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I can tell you I fished many years at night for bass and the full moon helps the fisherman see better, but it also for the most part has very good feeding say sometime between when the moon gets at about (using the clock for direction) 10:00 to 2:00.

The feed time will change by about 1 hour each day as will the moon is overhead time.

Also you should find some fish feeding at just about dark and sun up as this would be the feeds known as minor feeds. The major feeds are about 12 hours apart and the minor feeds will be in-between at 6 hours off the major. Keep in mine this is just not always the only time you can catch fish and the weather, lake rising/falling will have a impact as do other type problems.

Also IMHO, crappie are not as picky as bass as to feeding time and can be caught all night, however there will be time the are biting better than others.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Well David .....

I know a few people, myself included, that have "big" plans for this coming weekend. We will be at the Spring Fling Crappie Tournament on Watts Bar Lake, East Tenn :D Now, as to whether or not the moon phase is going to be a factor (or not) remains to be seen but, it was scheduled to be around that time frame ... just in case !! ..........cp

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to the Monroe Tourny !!!
    Jim McIntyre
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Gonna catch alot of fish and howl at the moon myself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast