Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anyone else go out today??

TeamAdcraft is offline Trophy King II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone else go out today??

Got Skunked.. Sunny 71 and less than a 5mph wind...
    2X In-Fisherman Magazine Regional Crappie Anglers of the Year
    Official Provider of the Crappie.com State Decals

GO RAZORBACKS!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nope. But I'll be heading out today. Bass and crappie. One or the other oughtta be hitting.

Post Thanks / Like

Son and I went out Sunday, no crappie however my son hooked a 2lb bass. but it was sure fun being outdoors.
    I will defend her still today!

Post Thanks / Like

I also went out with my boy on Sunday. Not a crappie in sight. But we did pretty well on the bass, largest 15" on crankbaits. Turned out to be a great day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappiepalooza View Post
    I also went out with my boy on Sunday. Not a crappie in sight. But we did pretty well on the bass, largest 15" on crankbaits. Turned out to be a great day.
    Where did you go? McBride looked crazy. There must have been a bass tourney somewhere also cause there where quite a few big boats in Solon by afternoon at the local hangouts.
    Fish now, you'll be dead for a long time

Post Thanks / Like

Actually spent Sunday on Clear Lake fishing a walleye tourney.Lots of fish, males going crazy right now.No cull rules make it very interesting on what to keep and what to put back.Ready for this weather to warm up an get the party started.Rathbun's 6 foot up and they're not letting anything out right now.Should be another good spawn if we didnt loose all the fish through the dam, since they've been pulling 1800CFS since last July almost non stop.

Post Thanks / Like

You know, we've been out a number of times to some tried and true spots but we have not even had a bite. Except for the bass my son caught. Not sure if it's just been to cold and the water has not warmed enough or what. but we will keep trying they're sure to start hitting pretty soon. I hope!
    I will defend her still today!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skleppe View Post
    Where did you go? McBride looked crazy. There must have been a bass tourney somewhere also cause there where quite a few big boats in Solon by afternoon at the local hangouts.
    Lake Iowa. First time I've ever fished there.

I try to avoid Macbride on weekends if at all possible. Looks too much like that scene from Jaws with everybody launching all manner of boats, throwing dynamite in the water, etc.

Hopefully the crappie will start hitting there soon though. Any reports?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeh they are catching a few in McBride. I stay out of there too if I can help it. Might be the place to fish this spring since the res is high.
    Fish now, you'll be dead for a long time