Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 25 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: NW Indiana Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Question NW Indiana Fishing

Does any one have any suggestions for some decent fishing in NW Indiana? I've done some at Potato Creek and around Valparaiso but not really found much.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Sincerely,
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

you've got mail
    I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Post Thanks / Like

Default NW IN fishing

Hey Mike We will have to hook up to fish. I'm from Hebron. I went all the way over to Salamonie on Sunday and could have caught more fish in Hobart out of Lake George. I can show you a few spots on Lake Shaffer also. Bass Lake is also good this time of year.......

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up NW Indiana Fishing

Hey Rockbottom, thanks for the reply. I'd be up for some fishing together if you want to. I've never fished Lake George and would love to give it a try. I live in Valpo. I've fished Long Lake, Flint Lake and Potato mostly. I've tried Bass once but didn't know the lake and didn't do well. I've tried Kuntz Lake too. Pretty frustrated with the local lakes actually. There doesn't seem to be any structure in any of them. I was coming back from Muncie on Friday and stopped to look over Salmonie. It looked pretty good but the level was very low. I've done some good at Potato Creek. Right now I'm motorless, except for my electric. I'd appreciate any help you can give me on the local lakes. I just looked at your website with your beagles. Looks like you've have some success with them. Looks like fun.

Sincerely,
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Hey RockBottom do you ever fish the Kankakee for cats ever? My buddies and I go down there sometimes, we just go off the shore but can't seem to get any decent cats. We end up usually at the marsh with nothing but bowfin, bullhead, and the occassional snapping turtle. The turtles do make a good stew.

Thanks
    I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Post Thanks / Like

Default NW indiana

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Sutton
    Does any one have any suggestions for some decent fishing in NW Indiana? I've done some at Potato Creek and around Valparaiso but not really found much.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Sincerely,
    Mike
    To Mike, Bass Lake in Knox is highly stocked with crappie. 80% of the fish taken are Crappie. 7-11 average. The treat is that the DNR have stocked 12 Millon walleye btwn 1995-2000. Kontz and Maxie are also productive. Muddy

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Bass Lake

Muddy, thanks for the info. I've tried all these lakes but I don't know them well enough to do any good. Are there any maps available of the lakes or do you have any suggestions on where to fish? I'm used to lakes in the south with some structure and banks. I can't seem to do well in the lakes where I can't get around structure. Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nw In

Hey guys, sounds like the bunch of us needs to go fishin!!!!!! I use to do alot of catfishin on the Kankakee and the Tippy. You have to fish the mouths of the ditches and the big lay downs for cats. You guys are right about the % of fish caught out of Bass Lake. About 80% are crappie. Bass Lake and Lake George are both fairly shallow. Bass has 2 deep holes but most of the lake is 2-5 feet deep. Bruce lake is another thats mostly shallow but has decent fishing. Also been stocked with Musky. Cedar Lake is another shollow lake with good crappie. I have caught them up to 16 inchers out of there. Good channel cats there too. Mike, you can get the "Hot Spot" maps for a few lakes at Gander Mountain. Lets go fishin guys. I'm on midnights and off all day............

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Musky at Bruce?! Do you ever fish those? I love chasing the monsters of fresh water, I don't catch many but I absolutely love it. At bass lake you can catch catfish all day right out front and to the left of the boat dock in the shallows. Lots of walleyes out there too. At bass lake they have maps for you available right at the launch. I'll be working during the day but I'm sure we could work something out. Rock.... I'm going down to the river saturday night to take a few of my 6th graders fishing, any good spots down by the marsh you could share? Otherwise I'm happy catching bowfin and bullheads.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Fishing shallow lakes?

Rock Bottom, how do you fish these shallow lakes? I grew up fishing around structure and in coves, etc and I struggle fishing in these local lakes with no structure that are shallow with no coves. Do you drift? How do you find the fish? Thanks for any direction you can give me.

Mike

Page 1 of 25 123411 ... LastLast