Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: This is a really strange year so far!

Post Thanks / Like

Default This is a really strange year so far!

Had to leave my 8'-11' of water I had been doing good in for water 14'-20' yesterday and today. Trolling a 1/32 oz. Pony Head Chart/Blue/White in the little clearer water. Blue and Chart was doing great until the last couple of days, but the water is more clear where I am catching them now.

Can't understand why I can find any in the 6'-8' depth since I can usually catch them until June most years there. However this year is different and I am catching them where they bite.

Anyone know what is going on here on Toledo Bend?

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't think its just at Toledo Bend. They have been strange where I fish here in Alabama. Just don't seem like we can get a pattern on them

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bentpole View Post
    Don't think its just at Toledo Bend. They have been strange where I fish here in Alabama. Just don't seem like we can get a pattern on them
    Has been strange here in NC , too!

Post Thanks / Like

same here
    TinBoats.net
    The original aluminum boat fishing club!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bentpole View Post

Arkansas sux also, we cant pattern these dagum fish here either, i worried that they are gonns let the water of the lake in mid spawn, screwing up the whole thing!
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

Same here in Missouri. I hope it gets better
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

Tough to figure out here in southwest Ohio too. The weather has been so screwed up, warm for a week, cold for a couple days, rain, cold wind, then warm again. With the high water much us have had, then the dropping lake levels, combined with sudden weather changes, they just can't figure out where they should be or what they should be doing. I've been catching a lot of females with bellies ready to bust with eggs, but very few males that have torn up fins or any evidence of bedding. Hopefully we can get a stable weather pattern for a while, then we can pattern some crappie. Tough to do when the fish themselves are confused.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yes the weather has been off and on. Cold then 80's then cold. We have hit the 73 -74 temps today for the second time this year and the last time was a couple of weeks ago.

No way I should have to go out in 15'-20' of water to find crappie in April. I will post a pic of our fish today tomorrow some time.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Skip,

You have to hold your jaw a certain way for those crappies down there. Tell them they are going to Lake Crisco and they wil start to jump into the boat. Train them now so you'll have great fishing the rest of the month. By the way, are the winds still up?
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.