Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tackle box order

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Tackle box order

I need some suggestions for keeping the boxes in order. I have 9"x11" plastic boxes with dividers and I have 30-40 various plastic jigs, grubs, tail, tubes. I need to take the plastic tackle out of the bags and sort them into compartments so I can find them when I need them. You know they melt into the plastic compartments. Anyone have a solution to this?
    Any suggestions on tackle box order is appreciated.
    Fin

Post Thanks / Like

Yes if you buy the plastic boxies just any place the plastic worms or jig tails will eat into them .

but if you buy the boxies at a tackle store they are impervious to plastic worms and such. The plastic worms wont eat into those.

A couple of the clear boxies should do to hold your jig heads and tails .

you can write on the lid above the compartments the size and waht is in them.

1/16oz 1/8oz and so on

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sticko View Post
    Yes if you buy the plastic boxies just any place the plastic worms or jig tails will eat into them .

but if you buy the boxies at a tackle store they are impervious to plastic worms and such. The plastic worms wont eat into those.

A couple of the clear boxies should do to hold your jig heads and tails .

you can write on the lid above the compartments the size and waht is in them.

1/16oz 1/8oz and so on
    My new tacklebox had 3 clear boxes for panfish stuff. I was worried my plastics might melt. If I leave them in the bags it handicaps use.
    Thanks
    Fin

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Fin, I use the plano boxes bought most anywhere and have no trouble with meltdown. colors will bleed if mixed, but boxes don't. Don't know how much room your boat has, but I used a 6 gallon milk crate. Not easy to find. Holds 6 of the bigger boxes or bunches of the medium sized ones. I attached a piece of piano hinge and 1/2" plywood and a swivel seat on top. It was a pedastal/ tackle box. Put the hinge on the forward side so it didn't blow open when trailering. I don't use it as a seat in the new boat, but its still my tackle box. Just food for thought.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around