Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bad day on the water

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bad day on the water

I went fishing today at Sam Parr Lake with a friend who just purchased a new 1448 Lowe jon boat and a 9.9 Mercury four stroke. This was the maiden voyage today and he was real excited about getting the new boat in the water. He had ordered a factory installed deck in it but when it arrived it didn't have the deck. The dealer told him not to worry they would have a local welder install the deck. While installing the deck the welder managed to drill two holes through the bottom of the boat. He is returning the boat to the dealer tomorrow - I am anxious to see what the dealer does for him. We drove 100 mile roundtrip and wasted a half day of good fishing weather. Needless to say, my friend is a little ticked off.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Keep us informed about what the dealer does. It is always interesting to hear how situations like this come out.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Wow..I bet he is upset....there is nothing like the anticipation of getting your new boat wet..and then that...UUUGGHHHH

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bad day on the water

Just talked with my buddy about his boat. When he returned it to the dealer he discovered it was not the welder's mistake. The welder made the deck but the dealer installed it. The fellow who installed it was embarrassed and apologized and said he would send it back to the welder for repair. My buddy was satisfied with that arrangement. If it were me, I would have told them to fill my truck up with gas as the roundtrip to the lake and the two roundtrips to the dealer (taking the boat back and picking it up) will account for approximately an extra 220 miles on his truck.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know who the dealer was but I'm with you think they should make some kind of extra deal to cover trouble and raise BP.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville