Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bad Day Of Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bad Day Of Fishing

hello all new to the board,great site,but a have to relieve some pain on a bad day of fishing.went fishing yesterday caught my limit in 45 minutes,so decided to go today after church,and after playing a few games of horseshoes.first i get the the ramp my boat wont start.i finally got it running start to go across the lake and my fish finder quits.battery went dead ran new wire to the back battery that was fixed.i get to my little honey hole and caught 5 in the first few casts.then it went dead,so i layed my rod down and started fishing with another one with a different jig first cast i landed a good solid fish but it got hung up in the brush,while i was trying to get it un tangled the rod i layed down i guess i didnt reel it up all the way and a fish grabbed a hold of it and there it went.and if that dont top it all off the rudest fisherman in the word pulled right next to and started fishing i said the heck with it and came to the house........sorry to take my frustration out on the board but everybody on here seems to be very good people thanks for reading........happy fishing keep up the good work on this site it is the best

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bad Day

Welcome aboard Wompasscat at least you caught fish. Check out oops he launched his boat and truck. Hang in there. lol
    Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

Wompasscat, Welcome An We All Have Days Like That!! My Whole Weekend Was That Way.better Days Are Coming!! Good Fishin To Ya!!dennis
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Womp I fish your neck of the woods regular if you fish Ft Gibson I sometimes have someone pull up to me but there but for sure it is common practice at lake Eufalala to huddle up right beside you I hate it also but down there ya have to just about live with it I hear the fish are biting over there on Gibson and some big ens at that

Post Thanks / Like

I did'nt know there was such a thing! All days fishing are good --Some are just better than others! I'm waiting on the wife to get home from working a midnight shift then we are gone for 2 weeks to Lake Barley! Hope you guys ain't caught them all!

Post Thanks / Like

Now we know all about your bad day, how about some more info on the good day. Sounds like you really tore them up that day. What jigs and what color and weight were they and what was so special about that "honey hole"? Sunken tree, underwater canal? Dropoff?

I hope your luck gets back to normal. You just have to get back on the horse and try again. It could have been worse, that guy that pulled up next to you probaly sank on the way home lol

Post Thanks / Like

Well, Wompasscat, didn't yore mama tell you there'd be days like that?

Welcome to the board, by the way.

It reminds me of the old saying, "My worst day fishing was better than my best day at work."

Don't worry, it'll get better.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I would have said something to the other fisherman about crowding, but to each his own. Welcome and at least you got to go!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crapbie
    Now we know all about your bad day, how about some more info on the good day. Sounds like you really tore them up that day. What jigs and what color and weight were they and what was so special about that "honey hole"? Sunken tree, underwater canal? Dropoff?

I hope your luck gets back to normal. You just have to get back on the horse and try again. It could have been worse, that guy that pulled up next to you probaly sank on the way home lol
    i was using a 1/8oz black and chautruse roadrunner, sat i limited out so i never got a chance to use any other jig,and for my little honey hole i sunk some xmas trees back in january, i was catching them in about 8 to 10 feet right above the brush. it was really hard to judge the depth,i think as i drop it in they were hitting it on the way down. any way i'am going try and go in the morning....will post results

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big George
    Womp I fish your neck of the woods regular if you fish Ft Gibson I sometimes have someone pull up to me but there but for sure it is common practice at lake Eufalala to huddle up right beside you I hate it also but down there ya have to just about live with it I hear the fish are biting over there on Gibson and some big ens at that
    hey big "g" i fish gibson all time and there are some rude fisherman out there i would like to go down to eufalala,i go to shawnee all time and a bunch of boats alomg i-40 bridge lokks like a good place to fish keep up the reports