Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Earthquake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Earthquake

How is everybody doing in the Missouri area. I was woke up this moring with the house shaking. I know you guys west of here got it worse than we did. Hope everybody is OK.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

We live in central Illinois and it woke us up! I told my wife I think it was an earthquake and then we both rolled over and went back to bed! haha Epicenter was reported to be in West Salem, IL.
    Last edited by shild; 04-18-2008 at 12:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Earthquake

Felt it here this morning while I was watching the news. We're heading out for a three day camping trip at West Boggs here in Indiana today so I figure this thing was just to shake the fish up and get them ready. Maybe they'll think the world is coming to an end and they need one last good meal.

Post Thanks / Like

Woke me up. My aussie started barking. I wish I could go back to sleep but once I'm up, I'm up. I hope that by this afternoon all chance of rain is gone and I can take boat out.

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't feel it in the Kansas City area. If it did shake here, I sure didn't feel it!

Post Thanks / Like

It woke me up for sure the house was swaying seemed like for minutes, hope it shook the fish up like jimdiana said because i m headin out this after noon

Post Thanks / Like

We felt it here in Louisville, KY. Pretty good shake on the house.

If that was a 5, I sure don't want to experience an 8.0
    George Clarke

Post Thanks / Like

It woke me up this morning.
    Shawn Hines
    Now stationed in...
    Middle East

Post Thanks / Like

I am about 40 mil SE of the epicenter and was down in the basement here at work. She was rockin' and rollin' for about 20-30 sec it seemed. Looks like no damage here but lots of folks talkin about it

Post Thanks / Like

Default not West Frankfort

Not to correct anyone, but it was centered around WEST SALEM'S EPICENTER. It registered at 5.2. I live about 15 miles from that, and it lasted here for about 30 seconds. It sounded like a tornado ripping through here, so I helped my wife out of bed (pregnant), grabbed my 3-year old daughter, and I sent them to the basement while I looked outside and noticed it was clear, and could hear houses around me shaking. So, I told them to come back upstairs and we went outside until it subsided. It put a crack in one of my walls in the living room, and knocked out one of my basement jacks.

They are saying that the fault line runs north and south 3.1 miles under the Wabash River. Now that's a lot of shaking. My in-laws who live a couple miles southeast of Indy had one of their windows break. It was a good one.

Good to hear though, that there were no casualties anywhere. It really puts into perspective the ferocisty of what they had in Indonesia a year or so ago.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast