Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Eagle Creek

Post Thanks / Like

Default Eagle Creek

Has anyone heard of the bite at Eagle Creek Lake? Fished it first time for cats last year and hit some crappie by the dam. Do not know the lake that well so any info would help.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I fished it 2 weeks ago and there wasn't much of a bite, but alot can change in 2weeks! I'm no expert there either. I't looks like it would be a great fishing lake but I caught mostly Dinks the few times I went there last year.

Post Thanks / Like

Good place to fish is under bridge middle two pilings. The point across from boat ramp alwas has bigger fish.
    japayton6----:p

Post Thanks / Like

Great, thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

used to fish eagle creek alot. it was close and good fishing. i sold my little boat so can't fish it anymore. the big cove across and west of ramp (shoal creek) is good. Enter cove, first little cut-in on right is full of stumps. start there and fish down that bank. there is ALOT of lay downs between that cut-in and the next cut-in near a small island. big females come out of deeper water and spawn on that bank. there is a road bed that crosses shoal creek, u can see it come down on south bank. fish hold on road all year. shoal creek is good for anyone with big boat that must use trolling motor. if small boat... go north under 56th st bridge. fish laydowns on east bank toward boat rental point. u can spend all day fishing the trees. when the fish come up shollow u can load the boat. they stocked walleye and wiper in lake, hope that didn't hurt the big crappie. Don't forget to catch and release the big females for our kids to catch later. hope this helps someone. good luck!

http://www.indianaslabmasters.com
    Jason Snyder
    Southern Pro Tackle, Juiced-Up Baits
    Roadrunner Fishing Team, Frogg Toggs

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Skeeter

Post Thanks / Like

Noblesville, Why would want to leave Morse????? LOL I have caught so many fish there this year it's like cheating. The larger fish have moved into where we were fishing. Caught 3 15" last night and multiple 12 and 13. I have started releasing my fish bacause my freezer is full and so is dad's. I am working on getting some mushrooms now. Need some rain. Maybe some Summit Lake Walleye???? Now that's a thought for this weekend!
    Caught so many fish today my thumb is sore from clicking the counter.

Post Thanks / Like

Papermouth let me know I'm game. Went to Hinkle tonight had limit in 1.5 hrs in the wind. Hinkle was 70 degrees. They were picky though, finally found the right color. Call me so we can get together.

Post Thanks / Like

hey noblesville CH, were u fishing the windy bank or calm side? I probably won't be fishing this weekend i was just curious. thanks

http://www.indianaslabmasters.com
    Jason Snyder
    Southern Pro Tackle, Juiced-Up Baits
    Roadrunner Fishing Team, Frogg Toggs

Post Thanks / Like

Skeeter,

Both