Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hardy lake report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hardy lake report

The wife and I stopped at Hardy on our way back from Kentucky lake last week. Were runnin' ahead of the storms/tornado's. We didn't find the slabs, but did pick up/release a few smallies. Good lake to run a jet drive if your not familiar...lotsa stumps to locate in the southern end. Anyone have any other destinations for your Michigan slab hunter to try? :p

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

Try Dogwood its the best panfish lake in the state.
    japayton6----:p

Post Thanks / Like

What day did you fish? I have read alot of negative reports on Hardy, but I guy I work with lives near the lake, and said he went last Sat. caught 30 and went last night for a couple hours and caught 17 all coming off minnow under a float. Nothing huge, but alot of decent fish. I was thinking about going out this weekend.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

The wife was fishing under cork, and I was tight lining one pole and floating a cork on another. Both corks were naked hooks w/ minnow. I was changing up colors and jigs from twister tails/tubes/feathertails.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

I live 5 minutes from hardy. Fishing has been very slow. Water temp had actually dropped 5 degrees last wed. compared to a week before. Wednesday temp did hit 59 we managed 19 on minnows and a float in about 12 feet of water. Also caught one on a roadrunner. I figure next week they should turn on if the weather cooperates. The females we did catch were so full of eggs you thought the would explode.