Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smith Lake Boat Launches

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smith Lake Boat Launches

I've rented a house and am taking the family to smith lake for a few days in a couple of weeks and I had a question about boat launches. The house is near Arley Alabama and the rental people have said that Duncan Bridge Marina is the closest boat launch. Has anyone ever launched there? Whats it like, ease of access, fee's, etc? Are there any launches that are better that might be almost as close as that marina?

Generally, I prefer smaller launches with fewer people. I hate feeling rushed to get the boat in or out of the water, so I usually try to find smaller launches that aren't used by the masses. My concern is that this marina might be a circus or something.

Any info is appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Launch

Duncan Bridge Marina is the one you will need to use. It is a mammoth launch with plenty of room. This a very well run Marina. Everyone has a bad day at the launch every once in a while.

Post Thanks / Like

I was bout to say what he did up there. Its a big launch, they used to have a big boat repair shop there too.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smith Boat Launch

Where is the house you are renting? Is it on Brushy, Rock or Sipsey? Duncan is a fine launch. May be a haul back to lakehouse depending on where you are.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeytred View Post
    Where is the house you are renting? Is it on Brushy, Rock or Sipsey? Duncan is a fine launch. May be a haul back to lakehouse depending on where you are.

Not sure what its on. Its about 5 miles, via water, from the marina. I have to go east a bit, then north for a bit longer. The house is off of Meliville Road.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Duncan Bridge Boat Launch

Duncan is probly your best bet. It is a huge ramp with lots of room. Not that crowded until memorial weekend.