Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LOZ April 11-14

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ April 11-14

Well I can't remember a spring trip where the weather was any worse. My crew from Peculiar fished the 10th and caught 9 keepers but said they couldn't keep the small bass off their roadrunners.

Fri the 11th it rained. We put one keeper in the boat. Our heated dock didn't even produce any fish! We could see the stacked up in all the usual places but nothing seemed to work. Fri night the lake came up a little and the temp dropped.

Sat nothing. Went to the dam and they weren't letting any water out. Looked like they had one turbine running. Some folks were catching fish there but it wasn't crappie.

Sun. afternoon we fished in snow, then sleet then rain. Some buffalo on our minnows was all we caught. By the time we hooked them we were thankful for any fish action.

Mon. conditions were better but still cold. 5:30AM our cove was alive with fish rising. Turkeys gobbled. It was cold but sunny. We got a few hits and in the afternoon the bass started to get busy again. ALL in all it was a great weekend of fishing. The catching was poor. Someone else is gonna have to catch them cause my next three weekends are full of other stuff.

Mark Lo, I didn't see many boats out but I watched for you. We stay at the 1mm on the little.

Post Thanks / Like

Hunter,

I haven't been on the lake since the last flood till this morning. Maybe when ya come back down, give me a pm and we will try and get some fishing in.

Thanks,

Mark
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good