Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 16 inch crappie-2.5 lbs from Chautauqua

Post Thanks / Like

Default 16 inch crappie-2.5 lbs from Chautauqua

Stopped by a local tackle shop today and saw a pic taken last night of a 16 inch 2.5 lb black crappie caught last night after dark. The owner also said a guy he trusts has a pic from the same night of a 17.5 incher white!! I'll believe that one when I see it but seeing a 16 incher come out of Chautauqua sure gets my blood pumpin and my hopes for my lake to surge a little. I've been gettin a bunch of fish but nothing over 10 inches so far. Guess what I'm gonna do tonight? :D woohoo!
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Let us know how you do Grizz. Good luck.......looks like I might get a little warm up...now if I can find some semi-clear water....
    Duane

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to you.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep us posted Grizz... who knows, I may need to use my EZ-Pass for a trip down the thruway

Post Thanks / Like

I wimped out last night. It got down to 25 degrees and I have had enough of that temperature for a while. The weather is going to be perfect for the rest of the week and I will hit the water as much as I can. I will take pics if I get some monsters.

Post Thanks / Like

Get out there a git you some GRIZZ!
    MT.DEW AND JP8 IN THE MORNING GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.

Post Thanks / Like

Get after them Grizz!

Love catching the 17" ers. Usually get a few each Spring, but not an every day thing. My wife hold the record in my house from several years ago with a 19". Still kicking my self that I didn't get it mounted for her.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Dang skip 19 inch is prob a 4 lb plus fish. Did you take a pic of it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu View Post
    Get after them Grizz!

Love catching the 17" ers. Usually get a few each Spring, but not an every day thing. My wife hold the record in my house from several years ago with a 19". Still kicking my self that I didn't get it mounted for her.

Skip
    Don't kick yourself too hard!!! My wife caught a big pike that I went ahead and got mounted, and now when ever we talk fishing, I always get "if you're such a great fisherman, howcome YOU don't have a fish on the wall?". LOL! In my next life, I'll make sure I have a bigger fish on the wall before she gets her first one mounted :D

Post Thanks / Like

Stopped by the tackle shop again tonight and the guy that said that he got a 17.5 inch did stop by and leave a picture. Its a legit 17.5, 3lb+ crappie. Plus there is another pic of a 16.5, 2lb 8oz white. I'm trying to track they guys down to get their pics and post em here, but chances are slim I'll find em. I could get scans of the ones they have, but they wouldn't be too good.

I'm pretty excited about the fish getting caught here this spring. I heard there was a group of boats in one of my favorite bays, about fifteen of them, and from the sound of it pretty much every boat limited out on fish 12 inches or better. It was one of those boats that landed the 17.5. If the crappies could somehow get back to what they were here 15 yrs ago and before, I wouldn't ever want to go anywhere else to fish for crappies.
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 04-18-2008 at 10:59 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast