Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lou Lewis...we will all miss you my friend!

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Lou Lewis...we will all miss you my friend!

Our dear friend Lou Lewis from Kansas lost his battle to Cancer today. To many, he was simply referred to as "Big Lou" to others, like myself, he was always called "Pops". Lou was a great Father, Husband, Grand Dad, tournament competitor, and friend to all that knew him. He will surely be missed by all of us now that he has pulled up anchor, and went to that big brush pile in the sky.

Lou was cut from a mold of the "old school" ways. No side stepping or beating around the bush was tolerated for this iron clad, Railroad industry working icon. With his vise like hand shake Lou seemed much like what I've often pictured the late Charlton Heston to be like - big as life, and a straight shooter even if his cards were down. A very talented and honest man for sure.

Lou loved to fish with his son Todd for most of the tournaments which he had competed in over his many years of Crappie fishing. Always near or at the top of the leader boards, the Lewis & Lewis team were well known and liked competitors. At times, Pops even let me tag along to fish a tournament with him a time or two. We didn't find a magic pattern for those days, but his company will always be a fond part of my memories for the rest of my life. If you never knew the man as I did, I wish you would have. A true fine example of a man's Man. My sincerest condolences to the Lewis family.

May your lines always be wet, the bites big, and your baskets full Lou! God bless you Pops! I hope to fish with you one day again.

<,"}/>{ Tim Fahrenkrog

AKA: Rippa, Big'un, & Slabman

Pro Staff for:
    Outlaw Crappie Poles
    Crappie Pro
    Crappie Magic
    Crappie Rocket Jigs
    The Original Fish Formula
    Bluff City Tackle

PS - Someone please copy this post and post it on the main forum. I cannot start a new thread on there for some reason. If possible, please make the thread a sticky for a short time as well - In memory of Lou. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

"Lou was cut from a mold of the "old school" ways. No side stepping or beating around the bush was tolerated for this iron clad, Railroad industry working icon. With his vise like hand shake Lou seemed much like what I've often pictured the late Charlton Heston to be like - big as life, and a straight shooter even if his cards were down. A very talented and honest man for sure."

That paragraph alone Say's it all for me.
    Must have been a h*ll of a man.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 04-15-2008 at 07:54 AM.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Fish that big lake in the sky lou, we will miss you.

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers to his family
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Thank you fishermike

For all those who would like to attend services or send a memorial for Lou Lewis, visitation will be held this Wednsday April 16th from 6-8pm, and then again on Thursday April 17th at 2pm at the Old Mission Methodist Church located at 5519 State Rd Fairway, KS.

It was Lou's wish that a memorial tournament be held in his honor. As of yet, the details have not been worked out for this. I will post the details as soon as they become available to me.

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Last edited by Tim The Lippa Rippa Mon; 04-15-2008 at 07:18 PM.
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

Just bumping back to the top since noone else has yet

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

My prayers go out to and for his family.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Lou is in a better place, we will keep the Lewis famialy in our prayers...Dennis

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers sent for the Lewis family.
    Birddog,

I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Post Thanks / Like

My condolances to the family and friends of Lou. He sounds like he was a great friend to all those who knew him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast