Our dear friend Lou Lewis from Kansas lost his battle to Cancer today. To many, he was simply referred to as "Big Lou" to others, like myself, he was always called "Pops". Lou was a great Father, Husband, Grand Dad, tournament competitor, and friend to all that knew him. He will surely be missed by all of us now that he has pulled up anchor, and went to that big brush pile in the sky.

Lou was cut from a mold of the "old school" ways. No side stepping or beating around the bush was tolerated for this iron clad, Railroad industry working icon. With his vise like hand shake Lou seemed much like what I've often pictured the late Charlton Heston to be like - big as life, and a straight shooter even if his cards were down. A very talented and honest man for sure.

Lou loved to fish with his son Todd for most of the tournaments which he had competed in over his many years of Crappie fishing. Always near or at the top of the leader boards, the Lewis & Lewis team were well known and liked competitors. At times, Pops even let me tag along to fish a tournament with him a time or two. We didn't find a magic pattern for those days, but his company will always be a fond part of my memories for the rest of my life. If you never knew the man as I did, I wish you would have. A true fine example of a man's Man. My sincerest condolences to the Lewis family.

May your lines always be wet, the bites big, and your baskets full Lou! God bless you Pops! I hope to fish with you one day again.

<,"}/>{ Tim Fahrenkrog

AKA: Rippa, Tim The Lippa Mon
Big'un, & Slabman

Pro Staff for:
Outlaw Crappie Poles
Crappie Pro
Crappie Magic
Crappie Rocket Jigs
The Original Fish Formula
Bluff City Tackle

PS. I cannot get this to post on the main board for some reason. Please, someone copy & paste this for me there and if possible, make it a sticky in memory of Lou. Thank you for your help!