Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dont want to sound stupid...

Post Thanks / Like

Default dont want to sound stupid...

I have been crappie fishing for some time now, but am always looking for new ways and presentations. I consider myself pretty good at fishing, but it doesn't take too much to catch fish during the spawn. Here is my question. I keep hearing "walk the dog". Can someone please explain this to me. I read it in crappie magazine a couple of months ago, and I heard someone talk about it today. This may be a stupid question, but I will claim stupidity if I learn something new to put more fish in the boat.

Post Thanks / Like

I walk the dawg (WTD) when I bass fish...never WTD for crappie, but I'm sure you can. You use a stick bait and twitch it repeatedly with your wrist in a rythmatic fashion that allows the nose of the stickbait to sway back-n-forth...it's a timing thing. Another topwater tactic.
    Support Our Troops!

Post Thanks / Like

I just put a leash on my dogs & take off walking :D

Isnt that walking the dog

Seriously that kinda fishing is over my head.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smoky View Post
    I walk the dawg (WTD) when I bass fish...never WTD for crappie, but I'm sure you can. You use a stick bait and twitch it repeatedly with your wrist in a rythmatic fashion that allows the nose of the stickbait to sway back-n-forth...it's a timing thing. Another topwater tactic.

What smoky said, its basically a topwater hard bait application, heres a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8n4r...elated&search=

hope it helps
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

Usually do it with zara spooks and spook jr's. Each twist of the wrist can make the plug dart....left, right, left right etc. I believe it refers to doing this with topwater plugs mostly.

BC

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

As a youth...I remember seeing my uncle "walk the dog" many times with a zara spook. And its basically like everyone said, twitch your wrist right and left "walks" the plug.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, not sure I know a situation where walkin the dog would work for crappies, but I'm open minded. Just not so open minded my brains fall out.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default here

Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZZ View Post
    Hmm, not sure I know a situation where walkin the dog would work for crappies, but I'm open minded. Just not so open minded my brains fall out.
    Same opinion here... Spooks are great for WTD for bass, I also like to use a texas rigged Senko without weight to WTD across weeds, but I'd think you'd need a real tiny topwater bait to get a crappie to nail it at the surface.

Interesting idea though. If you find a bait that works for this tactic, I'm sure we'd all love to hear about it. Can't ever learn too much about crappie fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

i read where they used lite jigs to wtd under water not on top i read it 2 times and still didnt get it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast