Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: to FATBOY

Post Thanks / Like

Default to FATBOY

I didnt get the pm you sent me. I've been working all weekend and have not gotten to check the board in a few days, just saw your post though. Me and two friends from work went out on woods about two months ago. We caught about 100 to 150 crappie, but we only had about 10 or 15 big enough to keep. I went down to the bass club here in winchester Thursday and fished off the dock, I caught 9 pretty good crappie. Do you fish a jig very much? Where I normally fished before I moved here, I caught 75% more fish on a jig than I did a minnow, but I dont know what works better here. I havent tried minnows here yet. I would like to go with you sometime, but I can only go during the week, cause I work a weekend shift over at NISSAN. Have you ever tried those TEEZUR jigs everyone talks about on here? I'm sure they work well in some areas, but I tried them a few times where I fish and only caught 3 or 4 fish on them and caught about 200 on the jig I normally fish, which is just a plain tube jig like you buy at Wal-Mart, fished them both right in the same area, and the TEEZUR jig didnt produce. I'm not saying its a bad jig, it just didnt get the fish for me. I'm gonna go one day this week and I'll let you know how I do. Good fishing to ya

Post Thanks / Like

The only time i personally am a big fan of jig fishing is when i can't get them to bite a minnow. With a minnow all i have to figure out is what depth and tightlined or bobber. With jigs i have to figure out which size, which color, which depth, which presentation, which speed. I will be honest, i use fishing to relax me and unwind. The more time i have to think about what the fish like is not letting me relax or unwind. This is my opinion. I know several guys who fish 100% jigs all the time, so i guess it is just a personal choice. My number is 931-723-0302 if you want to go sometime. After nine at night is best for me and like you, i work a long shift at bridgestone, so i know what kind of schedule your on. Take care and give me a shout.

Post Thanks / Like

fatboy, you said the only time you are a big fan of jigs is when you cant get them to bite a minnow. Well, I use to catch them on minnows, and sometimes I still do. Where I fish, usually they are biting one or the other, and most of the time they bite a jig when I cant get them to bite a minnow. This sounds funny, but most of the time I catch them on a jig in the same spot I cant get them to touch a minnow, every now and then they will bite a minnow and not a jig. Thats crazy because a minnow is their natural food source. Fishing is relaxing to me no matter what, lol. Once you master fishing a jig in areas you regularly fish, you will figure out patterns that the fish will relate to almost year after year, and it doesnt take but a few minutes to figure the fish out and if you fish regularly you know pretty quick whether or not you are gonna catch them on a jig or not. Your right about the color, they change colors from time to time, but I normally fish the same size jig. I have found though that there are select few colors that I can usually catch fish on. I like lots of action and when the fish are turned on to a jig, you can really mop up on them. I met a guy from Kentucky on here a couple years ago who took two vacations a year close to an area I fished alot. We went out in his boat one morning and I put him on the fish. I caught 126 fish in a row before I made a cast without catching one. We totaled 500 fish or better that day, but they were all very small, even though we only had 31 keepers from all of them, it was like winning the lottery, we had an awesome time on the water. I respect whatever way you like to fish, what works for you is whats best. Tell me a little about you and your family. I am 30 yrs old and have a wife and one 9 yr old daughter. They dont much care for fishing, so I go it alone. My wife is a nurse and she works in Huntsville, Alabama. When I get me a boat, they will probably go with me some. You mentioned you worked at bridgestone, I use to work at a tire place in Scottsboro, Al. it was Goodyear at one time, but not when I worked there, it had already changed names. I'm headed out to the water right now. I'll keep you posted and we will go fishing together one day. Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

fatboy, did you catch any fish today? I didnt do very well, only caught 4 crappie, one keeper. Still had fun though.