Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LOZ Crappie Tournement Results

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ Crappie Tournement Results

Well guy's I thought I would give you a update to our tournement last weekend at LOZ.

Well our very own Krazy took first place & Big Fish honors. He beat....... No let me say he smoked everyone else in the tounrnement. Put it this way 2& 3rd place combined wouldn't have beat there boat. Congrats to Cliff, Todd, & Dave. Nice job men.

Conditions were horrible like we knew they would be. But what can ya do when you have the date picked a year in advance?

I know that I covered more water in the roughest conditions than I have in a long long time. Went through two tanks of gas in 2 days.

Average water temp was 49.6 - highest 54.6. We caught all our fish suspened in about 20 ' of water 6-8 deep. Spider-Rigging.

Blk/Chart- Slab Busters & Tubes caught most. Just wish that most of the fish we caught would have been Crappie instead of Bass.... They are up close on the banks.

The best water I found was on the Big Niangua about half way down it.

I garee that mid week & this weekend will be the week to be there.

BTW Truman looked GREAT around KK Island bridge. Water's high, but nice clariety. I wished we would have fished there now....

Bruce C. thanks for the spots. Most were either getting hit by 3 foots waves or were really muddy....... I saved them in the GPS though. Lee

Post Thanks / Like

I feel for you....I watched it snow yesterday.

I will be fishing the Glaize area starting Thursday morning thru Sunday.....has to be better than last weekend.

Thanks for the post!
    Last edited by Jet Boy; 04-14-2008 at 06:58 PM.
    Nothing better than getting out on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Man that sound rough
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

Good fishin fellas......just to catch any in the conditions last weekend was tough to say the least,what did you weigh?
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to Krazy and Lee for their efforts! Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bugman View Post
    Good fishin fellas......just to catch any in the conditions last weekend was tough to say the least,what did you weigh?
    Krazy weighed in 15 fish Had 19 in the livewell. If I rememeber right he had 10.24lbs. With big fish @ 1.24lbs.

My boat cashed a check with 3 fish at 1.23 lbs bwhaaaaaaaa but 12 others didnt catch a fish all weekend.

Lee

Post Thanks / Like

That Krazy dude is just lucky. Heck dude even had a part time guide as a partner!!!!!!!!!! DOHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Lee, i'm still a little sore from the 40 foot triple decker we passed Saturday afternoon.
    "It's on like Bing Bong"!!!!!! Si Robertson

Post Thanks / Like

The ole lake can get rough cant she.....how in the world did you manage to spider rig in those rollers? had to be tough.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Bug, trust me we didn't spider rig there. We were just trying to get to a spot that someone on here told us to fish. We made it to the X spot. But wind was coming right into that area. We stayed 10mins. And headed another 20 miles back and stayed outta the wind. Trust me it was not easy even when you got into something protected. The wind changed directions every other min,

Jon, I bought the Hot Foot last night off EBAY... $31.00 brand new. Should be here first of next week. Now I just have to buy the longer throttle linkage. And yes my freakin elbow is still sore from banging it on the side gunnel trying to keep the boat going. Lee

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MOJON View Post
    That Krazy dude is just lucky. Heck dude even had a part time guide as a partner!!!!!!!!!! DOHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Lee, i'm still a little sore from the 40 foot triple decker we passed Saturday afternoon.

Now now Jon....dont hate on the playa!:D

If you fellas hadnt believed what we was tellin ya to use the night before at Wal Mark (rougues)....maybe you woulda caught a few more!:D

Honestly...I know I was missin a few....but when yer throwin all yer Kung Fu moves while tryin to run a dang trollin motor in all that dam wind and waves....yer bound to miss a few.:o
    Progressive Marine Insurance SUCKS!. If you hit a submerged object they will try to prove manufacturers defect....stay away from them.